Is this normal at 5-6 weeks?!

Truckingmama

Reaction score
So I think I'm between 5 and 6 weeks pregnant, but I'm bleeding. It's not heavy, but it is a dark red and it's progressed from a very light brown to what I have now, once in a while it will streak on my panty liner, but I mostly have it when I go to the bathroom... And I'm nervous about it. I currently cannot get to a doctor as I'm a truck driver and I can't just put my truck and trailer anywhere. Anyways I don't feel like I'm miscarrying I haven't been getting severe cramps but I have been cramping, I've had diarrhea all day today and in the past few days my boobs have only gotten more sore, I've had a headache all day long, I took one Tylenol extra strength cause that's all the truck stop had, took a nap and I felt fine until I ate some chicken strips... But I've been nauseous nearly all day and idk if this is all normal or if I'm going crazy or what. But any input would be comforting untill I can get to a doctor... I'm hoping by next week but idk if it will be too late.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Bleeding can be a sign of nothing and a sign of something, unfortunately there's no one size fits all answer. My Dr has advised me that if it turns red to come in, it must be frustrating in your situation. Could you perhaps stop by an urgent care? I don't think there's much they can do at this stage in pregnancy but it might provide you with some answers. I'm so sorry you are going through this :(

Like pp said there's nothing much they can do at this stage. The advice is if it's soaking a panty liner you should go in. Sometimes bleeding can happen for whatever reason, sensitive cervix, cyst, hematoma... Sometimes it's a sign of miscarriage. I hope your bean is safely tucked away and super sticky!

I am definitely not soaking my panty liner, it's a spot and a streak here and there, but after I pee and wipe it's kind of a dark red and the toilet water turns pink. I'm hoping to get home by the end if this week and soon as I do I'm going to urgent care.also I've been taking those digital pregnancy tests with weeks estimator, and I am not losing weeks on it, so it's kind of something that keeps me positive.

I'd efinitly go to get checked, just to ease my mind.
Like said above, it could be nothing but it could be something.
If you are bleeding, even lightly, you need to stop and rest. Put your feet up and have someone else do the work for you for a while.

I think you need to go get checked ASAP. Bleeding can absolutly be ok, but it's not a normal part of pregnancy and if it's more than just a one off thing you need to seek medical advice. It could be something that needs treatment. Good luck and hope you get some answers soon.

It can be okay. With my son i had it but like a regular flow for 3 weeks.

Different things can cause bleeding or spotting, as others have said. With my first pregnancy, I had one spot of red blood, but nothing else and I found out 2 weeks later that I had a missed miscarriage. With my daughter, I had heavy bright red bleeding and horrid cramping that lasted at least half a day. I was sure it was a miscarriage (I had had 3 miscarriages by this point), so didn't bother going in and just waited until my next scheduled appointment, and there was baby with a heartbeat and just fine. So you just never know.

In early pregnancy, there isn't anything really they can do except maybe check to make sure the pregnancy isn't ectopic. Other than that, it's not critical to go in unless you are soaking a pad in less than an hour. I hope that everything is okay and that by the end of the week you'll be updating with good news!

Just wanted to let you all know we officially miscarried Saturday April 2nd. I got home and went to the emergency room immediately cause I started passing clots, and from Wednesday night to Friday night/early Saturday morning my hcg fell from 285.41 to 88.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

I bled at 5 weeks and it lasted till I was 7 weeks. Had two scans and saw a heartbeat and healthy growth. They put it down to unexplained but unthreatening.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"