Is this normal?

ready4num2

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my deal is lately. I just had our second DD 17 days ago and I just feel so lonely. My DH is here physically I just don't feel that he's here for me mentally or emotionally. I just feel like he doesn't love me anymore and he's bored with me...if that makes sense. Anything he does, saying I love you or giving me a kiss, I question it in my mind and anything he doesn't do that I feel he should, wether it's something I feel he should say or ask me or just if I feel like he should just simply hug me I just instantly get so upset and have to fight back tears. I don't know if this is normal and just the typical after birth hormones screwing with me or if maybe I'm right...he doesn't. Today I was especially upset all day I know it's really not a big deal but I can't help but be so upset by it, it's been 6 months since we got married. He didn't remember or he just didn't see any significance of it. I asked if he knew what today was and it only took him a few seconds to answer. I felt so unloved he didn't bother to say a word. I wasn't expecting a gift just a sign of affection would've done. I really hope these are just my hormones. I don't feel like I can talk to my DH I don't think he'll get it.

Sweetie those after going birth hormones suck!!!! I cried daily for months! My hubby was the same, we felt disconnected somehow and it was just horrid. It does get better but for me it took a very long time. I remember feeling unloved and so so isolated and lonely. It was partly due to exhaustion too. Looking back my hubby was amazing, very on the ball, did all the housework, cooked dinners, and made sure all my needs were met, or should I say what he thought my needs were, and I was a complete bitch :haha:I'm expecting no2 and as excited as I am I'm also dreading feeling that low again. Big hugs Hun, it isn't nice, and your hormones are shot! Once they level out it'll get better. If in a couple of weeks you still feel low it might be worth having a chat with your dr :hugs:

Did it just sort out on it's own? This really is awful I hate feeling like this. My DH can tell something is wrong hell always ask if I'm ok and if I need anything, and I want to say yes. But I just feel it would be hard to explain to him.

Sounds like hormones and probably lack of sleep. It should pass but the first few weeks are hard and everything makes you cry.

I'd also not be too worked up about the 6 month thing. To be honest i don't even remember noticing when ours was myself.

Yes it did, for me it was the tiredness, I'm a dragon when I get no sleep, but I was convinced it was his fault and he was useless. To be fair as far as the baby was concerned he was a bit rubbish lol. I can't tell you how many times I would get in touch with friends who had little ones desperate to know WHEN it got better, all they would say is it will don't worry, it would really annoy me because I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I thought it would never happen. but it's different for everyone, and there will still be odd days here and there where it's hard. The feeling isn't really something you can explain is it. Especially to a reasonably well rested man. Feel free if you ever want to pm me Hun, we've all been there :hugs:

As for the 6 month thing with a new baby it probably just slipped his mind and he didn't realise how important it was to you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->