Is this normal?

MummyKP

Reaction score
So a load of people on FB have recently announced they're pregnant, and I weirdly feel jealous?! I'm wishing it was me doing an announcement, when realistically we aren't even TTC!! How can I stop feeling like this?! I get upset when I think about all these people making such exciting announcements!

I am with you 100%. It kills me. My DH is the one that wants to wait, and I do not. But we just got married and he wants to wait 6 months, ugh... everyone I know has babies and I'm so jealous. I am not patient. The two week wait alone is hard enough. LOL

Totally normal. I've been through it all but still feel jealous and want it for myself.

Yeah, I feel that way too. One of my colleagues recently announced she's pregnant and yesterday she came into the room with this cute outfit that emphasized her super cute baby bump and I was soooo jealous! Lol, she looked so adorable and I was thinking, omg I can't waaaiit till it's ME! Plus my boss is due any day now and showed me some recent ultrasound pics. Sigh... But soon our day will come :) that's what I keep telling myself. It will be my turn in due time..

I don't really see people announcing it on facebook.

I don't see it on facebook, but that's probably because I don't have Facebook! Lol

I hear it from my mom... " oh did you know ( he & she) are pregnant!?" Ugh, what the neck half these people don't even care that they are pregnant. One of the girls actually said "oh I don't know what the appappeal is, it's just a baby..." She's 7 months along, how could you not be excited and nervous and madly in love with your bump!?

Glad I'm not alone in this! We recently got married too ArtIsLife and since then I've just wanted to have a family, but DH wanted to enjoy married life etc, I guess my worry is it'll take us so long to conceive I'm going to be waiting ages! He didn't realise until just last week that there is literally a few days in each month where you can actually conceive, he thought it would just happen!! So we are going to have a talk this month about a possible date, but I've got a horrible feeling he's going to turn around and say 'next summer' or even worse, we aren't setting a date ATM! I will genuinely cry haha.

Last night when we saw one announcement online he said 'we aren't announcing like that that's crap' and he keeps saying little things which makes me think he's coming round to it, but when it actually comes to us setting a date I know it'll be a different story. He said next Christmas he'd love to have a 'bump' but I'd rather have a baby by then, not just a bump!! Lol

Well its your decision, too, I hope he knows how much you want it, and he compromises. It is sooooo hard to wait!

(we had a MC a year and a half ago, so I know how exciting it is to get that BFP, and I'm dying to see those two lines again.)

I'm finding it hard too! But I just try to focus on making other parts of my life as good as possible in prep for the day to come!!!

We don't actually have a set date yet, just a chat this month, and it's me that's really hoping he will be happy to TTC in January. But he probably won't!! I manage to keep myself going but I have really down days, like today I have been really emotional about anything and everything, I didn't think I'd ever get like this over something!! I'm tempted to have the chat in the next week or so so I might be able to forget about it a little over Christmas!

I think it's completely normal. There have been a lot of times during my wait that I've been really jealous and upset (and guilty) when friends or facebook friends announce their pregnancies. It seems to go through cycles or when I'm having a particularly bad day. Waiting can be really difficult sometimes. :hugs:

I'm finding it hard too! But I just try to focus on making other parts of my life as good as possible in prep for the day to come!!!

The plan was to TTC in June but I have a feeling its going to be put off because be won't feel ready... but I am doing like you said, trying to make things in my life better in preparation. :) great advice.

I don't see it on facebook, but that's probably because I don't have Facebook! Lol

I hear it from my mom... " oh did you know ( he & she) are pregnant!?" Ugh, what the neck half these people don't even care that they are pregnant. One of the girls actually said "oh I don't know what the appappeal is, it's just a baby..." She's 7 months along, how could you not be excited and nervous and madly in love with your bump!?

I can't believe she said that. It's not just a baby, it's a human being that she help create and will be responsible for for at least 18 years.

Unfortunately, she always has been and always will be a miserable cow... Ungrateful and miserable...

Unfortunately, she always has been and always will be a miserable cow... Ungrateful and miserable...

LOL! Yeah some people go through life never realizing how blessed they are. Those are usually the type to demand the world do everything for them as well.

Lol that's exactly what she is, she took his credit card bought herself a ring then said oh yea were engaged now... Poor man is screwed for life with that one....

Yikes, I feel sorry for him, geez how does someone like that go through life never letting themselves (or those around them) be happy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->