Is this normal? :/

amygwen

Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline
Reaction score

I've been looking into seeing a psychologist because I've had multiple things go wrong in my life that I am unhealthily tucking away. I don't want to have to deal with my problems later when seeing a psychologist may help. I've also noticed myself being VERY anxious about particular things. Before my miscarriage two years ago, I used to be very outgoing, had a ton of friends, constantly went out and was just an all-around happy person. After my miscarriage my life slowly went downhill and I'm absolutely petrified of social gatherings. I literally will try my best to get out of any situation where there will be a load of people and I don't know why that is! I'm in college, but I'm taking 100% online classes so I don't have to interact with anyone, when the day comes I have to go in person I don't even think I will want to continue. :shrug:

Also, I always panic about someone breaking into my house, setting my house on fire, shooting me or my son. While I'm laying in bed before going to sleep, I always imagine what would I do if there was a fire, how would I escape and if certain exit ways weren't available where would I go. I've also contemplating buying a gun (I don't even believe in guns and I have never even used one) just incase someone ever did break into the house, I'd keep it under my bed.

I think I've always been like this, but now I'm just starting to worry that this is really affecting my life. I feel sad I don't have any close friends but I do it to myself since I refuse to go out and try and make them. I'm sick of worrying about all of these things before I fall asleep at night, it's definitely not enjoyable!

Sorry for the lengthy question, but is this worrying normal? Either way I was going to seek help from a psychologist but I don't know if this worrying is normal! Thanks! :hugs:

If its affecting your life then you need to do something about it petal! Some people worry more than others (I'm one of life's worriers) but if the worrying itself its worrying you then you need to get some help. I've been looking into hypnotherapy - a friend of mine who used to suffer from really bad anxiety has had some sessions & she's a totally different person - not worrying at all!

:hug:
I've dealt with similar feelings before and I reckon many others have too. I'd defo see your GP and see if you can get some support, best of luck x

I think going to see a psychiologist would be very useful.
The avoiding social gatherings does sound like social anxiety, my sister and brother both have that. My sister has told me about how it is common with social anxiety to find almost any excuse to get out of a social situation.

sounds like depression honey, ive been there and you do just want to lock yourself away from everyone, everything seems like a huge effort. also the panic attack type things are an indication too, seeing someone will help, they may offer you some anti-depressents as its been going on so long, its up to you if you want to try them or work through it yourself. I had them and it really helped me get on top of things, but everyone is different. Good luck hun, hope you start to feel better soon and can go on to enjoy life again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->