Is this normal

Farie

Reaction score
Sorry for all the threads - really struggling with FF at the moment ... I'm clueless

My LO seems to really struggle with the bottle, shes hungry and wants it but only rarely gets a good latch and sucks calmly. The majority of the time she slurps and sucks and gurgles and you can hear the suction break and the air 'glug' into the bottle.

I tried faster teats but she drowns!

We use MAM Ultivents and sometimes shes fine and latches and sucks calmly, no glugging gurgling breaking the latch to allow air in. But its rare.

Does this sound normal? Do all babies make such noise etc while feeding? She just seems so windy etc after feeding like this.

You may want to try a few different bottles. Carter has been on Dr. Browns since he was six weeks old. Recently we tried out some different bottles because the Dr. Browns are just such a hassle to clean. Carter didn't seem to like the new bottles though, he did the same thing you have just explained. We put him back on Dr. Browns and he stopped.

I guess you've just switched from BFing? A few LO's I know have taken a little time to get used to feeding well from a bottle after being BF for a little while. It's to be expected that she'll take in more wind though, even when she's well practised!

You might do better with another brand of bottle with a differently shaped teat. My LO liked Dr Browns and TT CTN. Do MAM make a variflow teat? LO might find that easier to deal with too. If not, TT do them, and I'm sure some other brands do too.

Im switching from BF and using avent bottles with no issues x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->