Is this OPK viable?

sexxy_jessi09

ttc, mom of 1 son, mc-2
Reaction score
So I got my very first positive OPK yesterday on CD 20 and today I got another positive that was much much darker, the test line is super dark but the control line seems a bit halfed, should I still count it as a positive?? And also Im trying to concieve a girl this time since i already have my baby boy and im dying for my girl, I will always be happy with what god gives me as every baby is a blessing but I want to better my chances of concieving a baby girl :) Fiance and I had bd April 18,21,22,26, may 1 and I just got my first bit of ewcm this morning (TMI) There was a HUGE glob of it so im deff very fertile right now but i was told not to bd this close to ov for a girl...Im on CD 21 btw.

Attachments

• IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
That looks pos to me hon :)

The theory is to bd a few days before you ov to have a higher chance of conceiving a girl.

I wouldn't want that opk to go to waste tho but that's just me :)

I think I may go ahead and do one more day of bd just to be sure i got the best chance possible to concieve :) I just really want to have the best chances for a little girl since this will be my last baby for a few years :(

I really hope you get your little girl. They're ace!!
Until they turn into teenagers like mine hehe!!

I hope I do too :) Ive always wanted a baby girl of my own since i was a little girl myself, my fiance is really not looking forward to teenage girls lol My mom once went to a psychic who said I would have 4 kids 2 singletons 1 boy and 1 girl and twins a boy and girl, im hoping its true then id have the number of kids ive always wanted and it would be even :)

I would consider that a positive. I am also trying for a girl. I think you're covered if you DTD yesterday. If I were in your position, I might hold off today because it could increase chances for a boy. But I understand the desire to get that BFP as soon as possible, so I'd probably go back and forth trying to decide for awhile! :)

I held off yesterday and my opk is still positive today but getting lighter so my surge is ending and im having cramps and possible o pain so fingers crossed girls :)

Good chance for a girl chick :)

Fxed for those baby girl swimmers !!!

Im hoping Its my month with my baby girl:) I just found out one of my best friends is 5 weeks pregnant with her 2nd and her first is the same age as my son so it would be so much fun to have all our kids grow up together.

Oh wow that does sound good.

Got everything crossed for you chick :)

Okay, I'm new to the OPK's so sorry it these are dumb questions. When you get the positive OPK, could you get pregnant if you BD a day or two before? How long does the surge usually last? I got a positive OPK this am, have cramps and OV pains, but I didn't test Sat, Sun, or Monday so I don't know when my surge started. I thought you had to BD 12-36 hours after the positive test? I guess I need to educate myself! :dohh:

Thanks :) Now to try and survive the 2ww :( Im glad I have my little guy to distract me lol

Good luck!! That is definetly a positive!

Well since im trying for a girl i bd up to like 8 days before i even got a positive opk and the day i got my first opk i bd then i stopped and no more bd till i know im pregnant or not lol Ive had cramps since april 28 along with little pains that feel like ov so im not sure lol this is my first month using opks so im new at it too. The cramping started 4/28 and im still having them right now so i donno whats going on with me, same with the ov pains, maybe im already pregnant? I got my first positive opk on may 1 so i think it would be impossible to ovulate before you get a positive opk but im really not sure on it.

Hi mrsJ. You can defo get preggers if you bd days before opk. Spermies can live up to 4 or 5 days and the girlie spermies are longer lasting but slower moving. Boy spermies are very quick but die quicker. Hence the theory of bding a few days before ov for better chance of conceiving a girls. At ov (or as close as poss) for a boy.
Hope this helps a little!!! Not very technical I confess hehe!!!

Jessie, your first pos on an opk should be taken as your ovulation (me thinks) I'm no expert but read a lot on here bout it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->