Is this poop normal?! Tmi pic included!

bekah1757

Momma to a baby girl
Reaction score
Ok ladies just wondering if its normal for exclusive breastfed poop to be THIS runny/watery? Its not more frequent only about 2-4 times a day but huge explosive leak out the diaper every time! Its just so watery I can tilt the diaper and it flows to the other side. Should i be concerned? Sorry for graphic pic! Lol

Attachments

• 2013-05-29 19.17.04.jpg
    2013-05-29 19.17.04.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 28
IMO, yes. I've seen it many times.

As long as you don't post a pic of YOUR poop, I'm fine.

ok thanks ladies! Been wondering for a week now if i should call her doc but i feel better now! Guess its just going to be a huge race now to change her the second she poops so it doesnt get all over her clothes! :haha:

haha oh i kno how you feel! around that age my LO would explode in her diaper, so I would rush to change her poor little bum and the moment i'd get her diaper off, she'd finish her poop, shot right at me (or if i can dodge it, onto the floor :dohh:). thankfully only happened a few times before i learnt! I started giving her a few more minutes holding her up so she can finish. just wait til ur LO gets in the bouncer... if i don't get mine out at the first toot, its a guaranteed up-the-backer :dohh: but again, i give her a few minutes standing on my lap once i yank her out lol.

Oh my! I havent had that happen yet thanks goodness! But im sure its in my near future at this rate. I literally have like 4 changes of clothes in her diaper bag because I cant tell you the last time she hasnt leaked all up the back! So annoying! At least I know its normal now and im not alone! :haha:

My sons poop looks just like that!! I had googled pictures late at night when he was a few days old all worried that he had diarrhea lol he always poops like that so I figured it was normal :p

Yep, the explosive, runny, watery poops are normal. There is no TMI on this forum :haha:

Did you ever think there would come a time in your life when you'd be looking at baby poop pictures on te Internet? I think I should start a book of "things I never realized I would do as a mom." :haha:

Ok thank you everybody! Yes my OH thought i was crazy googling poop pictures all day so figured I would just get some experienced ppl to check it out! LOL. The creepy part is when im looking at the poop pics im not grossed out a bit... more like zoomed in studying it trying to decide if its similar to my DDs... definitely a mom now! ... :haha:

Bekah, zooming in and checking it out is when I had my "I am a mom now" moment! ;)

Completely normal. Mine just went from 7-8 poos a day to 1-2 (also completely normal for EBF babies, they can go up to 7-10 days without a poo and be normal!!) but anyway, point being, all of a sudden they went from small poos to explosive full diapers every time!! Luckily the cloth diapers hold it in really well and I've only had two leaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->