Is this possible?!

Radmom1120

Reaction score
Good day ladies!

So I am a new member of the forum but a long time lurker and have silently been rooting everyone on for about seven months now. I have one 5 year old son but my husband and I are currently/have been trying for another one for about 8 months. I was temping and using CB digital ovulation tests up until this month when I felt incredibly overwhelmed by the work it takes to constantly analyze every symptom and to make sure the tests and temps are being done at the right times :sleep::nope:. I am currently on CD 16 but last night it was killing me not knowing what was going on so I took a OPK (cheapie), this was mostly due to an increase in CM. The OPK was positive, cleary the test line was darker than the control line. I took another test this morning and the test was negative. Is this possible? Is it possible to become negative so quick. I have not used the cheaper ones after my CB digital confirmed I did O so I don't know how it normally would look after a LH surge. Also if it was indeed a surge due to upcoming ovulation, would that mean I would ovulate the next day? Would the test be negative on the day I ovulate?

Attachments

• 2017-03-15_11.10.48.jpg
    2017-03-15_11.10.48.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 30
Have you been taking an OPK daily? You can definitely have a short surge, or you could have caught the end of the surge if you didn't test at all that day just the 10pm test.

You can NOT and should NOT use FMU with those tests!! They will give you a false reading. ONLY CB purple handle require FMU, NO other tests do.

It is completely possible. I myself have a very short surge! Besides LH drop following positive opk doesn't mean much to be honest. You probably ovulated the next day

I have only had two positive opks with fmu and this was after dark positives (darker than control line) the evening before. The thing is though, is I usually see my positives around 9pm ish, and I don't usually see a positive, or anything close to positive, with fmu. It was only last cycle and this cycle (today's fmu gave me my first positive opk) this happened. If you Google most advice will tell you to test from the afternoon to evening, but avoid fmu because most of the time you won't see a positive result with it. So I wouldn't let this trouble you, I would say it's fine to have a positive in the evening followed by a negative with the following fmu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->