Is this real?!

Wishx

Reaction score
Last night my OH and i found out that we are pregnant! :happydance:

I have not been to my doctor yet, i did a ClearBlue and im approx 5 weeks.
I tried calling an OBGYN and she needs a referal from my family doctor after my first blood test and ultrasound. I'm pretty shocked..

It doesnt feel real. How far along are you ladies?

I am 12w2d, although my baby has been measuring two days ahead. This is my third, and the initial pregnancy test has never felt real to me. Even with this pregnancy after I did my lab I remember asking the nurse "are you sure??" and she said "Yes, you are definitely pregnant!"
Now that I had my NT scan and saw a fully formed baby I realize that this is my reality!

I dont think it will feel real until i see the baby.
I dont know why but im nervous to call my family doctor and make an appointment :p

I totally understand that. When I was discharged from my RE I was nervous to schedule an appointment with my OB because I thought I'd jinx it. lol.

It definitely took a while to start feeling real for me. Seeing the baby/heart beat definitely helped, but even that didn't quite make it REALLY real. I think I just started letting myself sink into it just this past weekend (when I hit 9 weeks).

Congrats!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm about 15 1/2 weeks along now, so I'm in second tri, but since that board is so quiet, I'm here checking in on all of you. :)

Not to derail but - The 2nd tri boards are quiet? That's surprising! I thought they'd be even more active than first!

Congrats on your BFP. Im 8w2d and I think I took like 8 or 9 hpts before I believed it lol.

Congratulations! I've had 2 scans, one yesterday and even then I still didn't compute that what I was seeing on the screen is actually inside of me! I think when I start feeling movement and getting bigger it might feel more real lol!

I only did one test, i have NEVER gotten a positive before. I was 9 days late and we were kind of expecting it in the back of our minds but still like "It will probaly be negative". I had my OH come with me to the bathroom to look at it since i was too nervous, he flipped it over and we didnt even read it! We just saw it had a number below it (3+) and stared at eachother. He went ghost white lol! I was a tad worried he was going to pass out but then we both just started laughing. We couldnt even look at eachother with smiling or laughing.
I'm going to my doctors on monday to confirm it and schedule our first ultrasound!

Thank you :)
Im not having a lot of symptoms, ive been having a lot of cramps like af is coming but mainly right now its nausea..it seems to be an on and off all day sort of thing.

Congratulations! I can't wait to get to about 8 weeks so I can get my doppler out again :)

That's exciting!
Do you recommend getting a doppler?

100% I loved mine! I have a sonoline b that I got on Amazon, you've just gotta learn to not freak out if you can't find it.
I watched a few tutorial videos on YouTube because I found it quite hard in the beginning but I feel like a pro now :haha:
It's been leant out to so many of my friends as well who have all found their babies heart beats before 10 weeks :)

I decided against the doppler, just because I don't think I'll be able to get past the 'freak out if I can't find the hb' phase. It is really tempting though! I just want to know what's going on in there!

Im debating getting one, i dont think id be nervous if i couldnt find it. I think it would be fun! also would be good bonding for my OH to be able to use it and find babys heartbeat.

I totally agree... as long as you find the heartbeat. I worry about the time that I cant and don't have an OB appointment on the books for another two weeks!

But I tend to go doomsday to grey news. Not everyone is like that. If you think it won't cause a fully blown panic, then I say go for it!

I talked to my OH about it and he thinks it would panic him. For some reasons he is really nervous about the baby not being healthy or being born and having a disorder or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->