Is this really an ugly name?

Brielle is more of a "normal" name if you ask me. It's often used as a nickname for Gabrielle...I see nothing wrong with it and actually really like it!!

Ransom, on the other hand, is definitely NOT a name I would ever choose, and I can't help but imagine him being ridiculed for it in school, but I do like how you and your DH have a meaningful reason for choosing such a name. I would personally suggest using it as a middle name, perhaps, so that he can choose whether to go by such a different name, or a common name such as Noah. Just my opinion though and I know this post was asking about Brielle.

:flower:

Thanks for your comment, I totally get what you're saying. DH and I talked it over quite a bit, we thought about making it a middle name, but we think that kids will be kids. Honestly, little kids are cruel. We could name him something common like Noah, but then he'll just made fun of for his glasses or his crooked teeth or his lazy eye, etc. I don't want to name my child something out of the fear of other people's narrow mindedness or cruelty. I want his name to have meaning so when he asks us why we chose that name we can show him how thoughtful we were in choosing it. My husband's name is Shane and he got teased and called "Shame" by kids growing up. There's just no getting around it.

But I really do appreciate your comment :)

i think everyone has different tastes, its not what id go for but if there was a child in my sons class with that name i wouldn't think 'what where they thinking'

personally i hate the name brogan (cringe every time i hear it) or people who have two daughters and call them daisy and poppy (you are aware your children need to grow up someday right lol) but i know lots wouldn't agree

i think everyone has different tastes, its not what id go for but if there was a child in my sons class with that name i wouldn't think 'what where they thinking'

personally i hate the name brogan (cringe every time i hear it) or people who have two daughters and call them daisy and poppy (you are aware your children need to grow up someday right lol) but i know lots wouldn't agree

haha totally agree with you there, when I think of names, I think about how that name suits them as they get older.

On another hand, I LOVE Brielle :D

Never heard of it. Don't like it.
Sorry to be blunt - you did ask for opinons (!).

Anyhow, my biggest opinion is: it is your baby. If you find a name you love, then sod what other people think.

i was brought up being told that if i have nothing nice to say i should say nothing at all, it appears some people werent tought that :) take no notice as it is your baby and you can call it whatever the hell you want to.
i love your chosen girls name! x

i was brought up being told that if i have nothing nice to say i should say nothing at all, it appears some people werent tought that :) take no notice as it is your baby and you can call it whatever the hell you want to.

You read my mind...

:dohh: She asked for opinions. She didn't say "only people who like it have the right to reply".

:dohh: She asked for opinions. She didn't say "only people who like it have the right to reply".

There is something called "tact." You can disagree without sounding rude. Plenty of ladies here have told her it wouldn't be their choice but didn't come off sounding rude.

I do find Ransom different, but I love names with a story behind them, so I think its adorable!

As for Brielle, I LOVE IT! I want to use that name for our first daughter, either as a first or middle name, but DH doesnt like it, he says it wont age well...(neither will any of the names he likes lol) but i love it and as long as you and OH love it, and it doesnt put a target on your kids back, thats all that matters.

Both names are lovely! :thumbup:

I like the name Brielle :) I personally would not use it only because I am not a fan of the potential nickname of Bri, but I definitely don't think it is an ugly name! As for Ransom, no matter what people say, that beautiful reason behind the name will simply make everyone bite their tongue ;)

I love the name Brielle. It also has a nice meaning - God is my might. It is a contender name for me but I have to get DH to agree.

I like both names a lot! Oh and we also have the same due date :)

I love the name Brielle! I might be a little biased though, since Brielle is one of our three choices for a little girl.

LOL! At first read I was like, "Ransom?! That's a terribke girls name, way too masculine"... But then I read the first page, ha ha!

I like both names, and I like the nickname "Bri". Brielle isn't that unusual, and is feminine and modern.

Ransom is a great name; unusual is the norm these days, and that is much more original than "dragon" or "danger", some names I've seen recently... Maybe his nickname would be "Handsome Ransom"!!!

I think Brielle is pretty? People shouldn't be rude about other people's baby names :( Saying 'not my cup of tea' or something is perfectly adequate! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->