is this seriously the makaton sign for toilet, or is the internet trippin me

veganmama

Reaction score
https://www.futureofdowns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/toilet.jpg

I can't see the link but I'm SEN assistant and I'm working at school
Makaton for toilet is by stroking left shoulder with right two index and middle fingers.
Hope that's helped

I can see now thats almost perfect but need to add index finger to it.

Haha, yes we were also told by my son's speech therapist that was the sign for toilet :haha: We never used it for obvious reasons - imagine the offense you could cause by going up to people using that sign :dohh::haha:

Lol yes. However generally speaking now places use Sign a long and that is two fingers.

Its the correct sign but i have seen it be used with the rest of the fingers of the hand open but still only touching with that one finger so it looks less offensive lol

In fact have just double checked in MyChoicePad for android which was released less than a week ago and its showing the sign as the person open handed rubbing the middle finger of the right hand on the left shoulder. I would assume tis the most up to date version as its only just be released

In fact have just double checked in MyChoicePad for android which was released less than a week ago and its showing the sign as the person open handed rubbing the middle finger of the right hand on the left shoulder. I would assume tis the most up to date version as its only just be released

Thinking about it this is correct rather than what I put in my post above. This is the sign my daughters preschool use for toilet. They use sign a long.

thanks everyone. good to know theyve changed it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->