Is this site for real? (Louis Vuitton)

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
https://www.omg5.com/

I can't find any reviews on their items and no website information.

What do you think, genuine or not?

Doesn't look legit at all. If you try and click links at the bottom you get a 404 error. Not very professional to say the least. And if you click on the contact page there's an @gmail.com address - why no @omg5.com address. Tons of grammar errors and stuff.

I'd avoid that one.

I did have a funny suspicion, I only clicked on it because it was an add on my FB page.

Thank you :flower:

Don't buy any thing designer from anywhere online if your not 100% sure!
I bought a mulberry which I thought was from the outlet shop in bicester , I scoured the site and it looked legit that it was that shop, turned out it was somewhere in Hong Kong!

I'm gonna say no based on the broken English. If you look up the domain it is registered to what looks like a UK residential address.. however the actual address doesn't seem to exist.

Here's a list of things you should be able to see on a genuine e-commerce site:
Minimum information to be provided

Service providers, whether involved in e-commerce or not, should provide the following minimum information, which must be easily, directly and permanently accessible:

• the name of the service provider must be given somewhere easily accessible on the site. This might differ from the trading name and any such difference should be explained – e.g. "XYZ.com is the trading name of XYZ Enterprises Limited";
  • the geographic address of the service provider must be given;
  • the details of the service provider including his or her email address, so long as it allows rapid contact and direct and effective communication. The CJEU in Bundesverband v Deutsche Internet Versicherung (2008) confirmed that in order to be able to respond to consumers promptly, a company may need to provide other methods of communication beyond its postal and email address. A 'contact us' form without also providing an email address in not sufficient;
  • details of a register, including any registration number, should be provided;
  • if the business is a member of a trade or similar register available to the public, confirmation of that. For example, if a company, the company's registration number should be given;
  • the particulars of the relevant supervisory authority if the services are subject to an authorisation scheme;
  • details of any professional body or similar institution with which the service provider is registered, his or her professional title and the Member State where that title has been granted besides reference to the applicable professional rules where the service provider exercises a regulated profession;
  • a VAT number, if a business has one should be stated – even if the website is not being used for e-commerce transactions; and
  • prices on the website must be clear and unambiguous and, in particular, state whether prices are inclusive of tax and delivery costs.
I definitely wouldn't trust them!

Thank you, I'll stick to the actual LV site :flower:

I don't normally just thought it was too good to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->