Is this something to worry about?

kerrie24

me,him and 3 lo's
Reaction score
My daughter who turns 7 this week has recently been complaining of tummy pains or headaches.Its usually one or the other,not at the same time,and it can be through the night,the school day or at home.

Often she will say shes got a bad tummy and I will tell her to sit down for a while and rub her tummy and she says it goes away,she starts running around 5 minutes later.
Ive thought about constipation etc as her diet isnt fantastic,she gets fresh meat and fruit but wont try many vegetables.She wont eat brown rice or pasta.Im giving her raisins,pure juice etc to try and make sure she goes and she says she goes every day.

The headaches I blamed on her long fringe being in her eyes so I started clipping it back as she wants it grown out.I never give her medicine for it because to be honest sometimes I feel shes making it up,and it always goes away of its own,she never cries about her pains either.

The teacher approached me today to say shes been saying it a lot at school this week,but she just told her to have some water as its warm in school.
I could take her to the gp but as her symptoms are vague I doubt they would do anything about it.

Ive thought about the possibility she could be making it up but as its sometimes after school and she enjoys school,is bright and popular,I dont see what she has to be worried about.If I ask her she just says she doesnt know why she gets the pains and headaches.

Anyone have experience of something like this?

Could she be anxious or nervous I used to complain like this when I was young and it was anuxety but I didn't know how to put it in to words.

It could be childhood migraines. I used to get the in my stomach when I was little. Sometimes they didn't last very long. I don't really believe in acupuncture for children (it's scary!). But my mum took me to have acupuncture and she swears it worked. My mum makes crap up sometimes though so I can't tell for sure if she's telling the truth. I'd take her to the doctor first and see what they say (it might not be migraines, that's just my experience).

Thanks.
Hellohefalump as it happens I had forgetten about it but now you reminded me when I was around 9/10 I had terrible tummy pain and the doctor diagnosed stomach migraine.Now I get migraines all the time but in my head.Thanks for reminding me I think I will go to the gp and ask if its something she might be suffering from too.

Is there a possibility the head aches could be caused by her vision??? Maybe worth a trip the opticians? My son started complaining everyday of headaches, doc told me it was sinusitis but after anti biotics he still had it. Got him an appointment at the opticians and now he has glasses. Since the glasses he hasn't once complained of a headache x

No she goes to the opticians regularly and her vision is fine,thanks though.

Try the doctor chick.
It could be all sorts of things, aniexty, worry, ear problems?
Its worth a trip right?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back