Is this tacky??

Gym knickers

Lucky mum to 2 munchkins!
Reaction score
Since having dd and thinking of names I've loved Robyn for if we have another girl. I'm team yellow this time so trying to think of names for both sexes but totally stumped for a boy. DH and I both love Robyn Grace for a girl and think it goes well with Brooke Isabella (dd1).
But! I'm due dec 21st. Is Robyn tacky for a Christmas baby???
My mum says it is but I don't think it will matter. What do you think? We've always liked Robyn so don't want to give it up too easily xxx

I think it's fine. Most people who meet her will not know when her birthday is anyway, but even so, it wouldn't strike me as odd or tacky. And it's not like you're planning on giving her 'Mistletoe' as a middle name.

I don't think it's tacky at all! Robyn Grace is lovely and goes beautifully with Brooke Isabella x

I dont think it matters in the slightest and i love it! I also dont mind it for a boy x

Not at all, it wouldn't have even have crossed my mind!
I love Robyn, it's so beautiful, one of my favourites :flower:

Robyn is not my style at all, but I do think it's a great name. I wouldn't associate it with Christmas time at all honestly, and like PP said, most people won't know her birthday when she is introduced. :thumbup:

I honestly wouldn't have associated the two if you hadn't mentioned it.
I think it's a lovely name:flower: x

Beautiful name and I don't think its tacky at all. x

I wouldn't think that but my male friend robin was born in June so I don't associate the name with Christmas.

Yay! Thanks everyone! Got my girl name sorted :thumbup: just wish I had some clue for a boy now!! Xx

There would probably be the odd silly joke about it lol but what difference does it make really? It doesn't change the name so I'm glad you decided to keep it as an option. It's very pretty.

I'm going to have to google the association between robins & Christmas - bc I don't get it?? :shrug:

Lol - that being said, I don't think it's a tacky name. You don't like Robin for a boy? It's def gender neutral and can be used for either.

I don't think it's tacky at all. I'm also not sure what the association is between robins and Xmas?? :shrug:

Why would Robyn be tacky if she's born at Christmas? I think it is a lovely name. And I think it's a great name for a boy too. I had an uncle named Robyn I was very fond of.

Not at all - my friend's little sister is due in November and thinking Robyn - as soon as she told me I loved it...

We're calling this one Holly if yellow goes pink!!

xx

I'm going to have to google the association between robins & Christmas - bc I don't get it?? :shrug:

Lol - that being said, I don't think it's a tacky name. You don't like Robin for a boy? It's def gender neutral and can be used for either.

I don't think it's tacky at all. I'm also not sure what the association is between robins and Xmas?? :shrug:

We get lots of Robin things around Christmas time- cards, tree decorations, toys etc- do you guys not?? Also he's mentioned in lots of Christmas songs (rocky robin now stuck in my head lol!)
I'm glad it wouldn't be the first thing people thought of though! :)
I quite like it for a boy but not the same, don't know why! I think I like the 'y' xxx

Not at all - my friend's little sister is due in November and thinking Robyn - as soon as she told me I loved it...

We're calling this one Holly if yellow goes pink!!

xx

I love holly but a friend stole it last time! Lolxxx

My name is Holly Noelle and I am a Christmas baby :flower: To hell with anyone who thinks it "tacky," I have never gotten anything but positive comments about my name and its association with Christmas and never got teased. (sure I've had Holly Jolly Christmas sang to me more times than I can count, but it was always in good spirit!) I think my mom did great :D

Kudos to those ladies with a Holly as well ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->