Is this the baby or a BH contraction?

jaxntango

Reaction score
I'm 16 weeks and have had this hard lump show up in numerous spots. It lasts about a minute at a time. If I put my Doppler on it, I can hear baby's heartbeat. Is this the baby or a contraction?

Attachments

• 20170726_194932.jpg
    20170726_194932.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 17
That's DEF your baby getting situated...some women's baby's sit closer to the belly and you'll see and feel them sooner

I honestly do not know but at 16 weeks I certainly didn't get baby pushing out like that. Couldn't even feel my first. I hope someone else can help you thiugh. Id say baby's too small but im interested what it is

Ah there you go!! That's amazing i had no idea x

Ah there you go!! That's amazing i had no idea x

I started seeing my belly move from baby at 20 weeks. My babies sit super close to the surface so I feel them a ton! And I have incredible active babies. I started feeling this one around 12 weeks with little flutters

Wowee - that def looks like it could be baby pushing out (but I'm no expert).
Funnily enough, my placenta is anterior this time, and I was saying to a friend how at times I felt like this kid was pushing shit around in my tummy, as I'd feel this hard tension/pressure in certain spots, then it'd disappear. I couldn't see anything from the outside, but that's probably because of the position of the placenta covering the baby. All I can say is, my tummy "felt" like yours looks.. I did wonder about braxton hicks too, but I'm leaning more towards baby...

I had the exact same thing happen and took a pic to show my OB and he said it's BH

I'm pregnant with my second, and I've had this since I was 15 weeks. I thought I was going mad, but my midwife said that as it's my second, my muscles are super relaxed this time around and I don't have a lot of body fat, so deffo my baby! Sure enough, as baby grew, so did the "lumps", and then I'd feel kicking in the spots that the hard lump was :flower:

I wasn't able to show my OB the picture yet, but showed 3 different nurses and they all said it was the baby. I've also been feeling baby move this week. They think I can see and feel it so well because I'm very small. I'm 5 feet and 102 lbs. The nurse practitioner said it was highly unlikely to braxton hicks since I'm so early. Who knows! It happens all the time but not to that extent.

I'd say baby as with BH your entire tummy tightens and swells not just one little section. But I'm obviously not a doctor. Just usually get something similar (although I'm not as small as you) when baby collects all in one little ball very close to the outer part. It's a lot of pressure, but different from BH where the pressure is all over not just that area.

Thanks for all the input. It feels so uncomfortable when it happens. Also, I felt the first strong kick yesterday which made me jump lol. It only happened once. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and I'm so excited to feel this baby move more. This is my first baby. ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->