Is this the right right thing to do?

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
Jack is now pulling himself to stand up, and now also in his cot. I am really worried he will fall out of it and hurt himself. However the next level down is the bed level, and I wont be able to reach to get him out :dohh: ! We were thinking of converting it to a bed and putting on some bed guards? Would this be ok? and I was thinking of buying 2 so they went all the way across instead of one as he would just crawl out if there was a big gap :blush:

Does the side of your cot not drop down so that you can place him in it and then raise the side back up?

No it wouldnt be ok as he would easily climb over the bed gaurds and it will do more damage then good. Im thinking of the bed gaurd my 3 year old has at my mothers house and its not very tall!

No it wouldnt be ok as he would easily climb over the bed gaurds and it will do more damage then good. Im thinking of the bed gaurd my 3 year old has at my mothers house and its not very tall!

I agree with this - bed guard rails will be much lower. They are not recommended till 18 months. x

Ok well I guess I'll just have to drop him in and expect him to go sleep ^^
No the rails dont drop down :(

what cot is it you have? I thought they all had drop sides now:shrug:

what cot is it you have? I thought they all had drop sides now:shrug:

A lot of cot beds don't have a drop down side.

I would put it down to the lowest levelas this will be the safest option. You say you won't be able to reach but if he's pulling himself up now then you should be able to reach him when he's sat up or pulled himself up to his knees. You're not gonna be reaching in to get him while he's lay down and fast asleep anyway are you?

A small stepping stool (like what you can get from JML) for you will help you reach if you're really struggling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->