Is this thrush? Pic included.

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
So I posted yesterday about having breast pain all of a sudden. I am getting help from a breastfeeding support team and when the lady came out today she said it sounds like I have thrush.

I've called my doctors and they can't fit me in :( I just wanted to know if it definitely looks like thrush? I also have deep stabbing pains in my breast.

Yeah, that looks like thrush. Do you have a GP walk in centre nearby?

Not one that I can get to today. I should hopefully be able to see my doctor tomorrow, I just have to make sure I ring first thing to try and get an appointment. Just want to get it sorted now I know what's wrong.

I have had thrush twice and that is it!! :hugs: If you can get to a chemist and get some canestan cream, you apply it 3 times a day after feeding (wash off before feeding). But get bub to the doctor to get checked. Hope it clears up soon xx

I got some Canestan cream from the doctor. Nate isn't showing any signs of it so she wouldn't give him anything.

The BF support lady said I'd need a medication called Fluconazole and to specifically ask my doctor for it. I did and she wouldn't give it to me :shrug: She basically said that you can only get thrush on the nipple, not in the breast tissue (which is what the BF support lady thinks I have due to the constant stabbing pain). Doctor said thrush doesn't cause breast pain and suggested mastitis even though I have no red/sore areas which I did point out to her. She then suggested the pain was caused by my breasts filling up and engorgement, but I never really get engorged cos I empty regularly and I've had pain free pumping for the last 5 weeks. This only started on Tuesday.

Not really sure what to do now :(

My doctor was the same, wouldn't give me Fluconazole either :( I read on the Canestan website that the drug is not safe while pregnant or nursing. I also had the deep breast stabbing pain but the canestan cleared it all up. Just make sure you do the treatment 3 times a day for 7-10 days.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Yeah I was told it's not safe due to passing to baby in fluid but the WHO have recognised it as compatible with breastfeeding, it's just not been legalised yet (it is only a very small amount that passes over to baby apparently).

But anyway, I have started my Canestan and I'm hoping to start feeling some improvement soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->