Is this to be expected?

TwoRdue

Reaction score
I will explain the best way I can.

For the past couple of days I have had low back pain, my lo has been head down and I think is engaging or is engaged. All last night I kept waking with sever pain on and off in my back with his head movements, I also have been getting lots of cramps pressure in my groin and bum with pain there to. This morning I had some tightenings with sligh r cramping in tummy and tight in the back. At the moment I still have cramping and shooting back pain but not as often with a constant low back ache.. is this to be expected in pregnancy or should I ring and ask about it.. I just dont want to go in and it be nothing as I will have to ask my oh to leave work when he is really busy but I also cant deal with the pain and it makes we want to stop taking my progesterone and hope labour comes but its just to early
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

I honestly don't know but i always think its best to call and just ask, it will just put your mind at ease. x

I'd call. Tightenings and cramping could be early labour.....

Have yourself a nice warm bath and see if anything lets up. The cramping, back pain, etc are pretty normal. You just want to rule out contractions.

I'd call. Leave it up to them (doctors or midwives) to decide if it's a concern rather than worrying yourself.

I've been having this exact same problem for 2 days! My back ache is so bad I can barely stand up and it's kind of weird and crampy around the front too. I told my midwife about it today and she didn't seem to be worried about it. But I would still call and see. I'm thinking about having the hubby take me to L&D if it doesn't stop soon to get checked out.

Thanks ladies. I rung and was told that it sounds like baby engaging and to expect a lot of it and if I get regular tightening or loose my mucas plug to come it.. I hoop it is not like this till the end as im exhausted as it is.

Ive had this too, lower back pain when LO is moving. Its freaks me out as I had back labour with Logan so always get worried its the start of something :dohh: People at work have said my bump has got lower too. Its exciting, but also scary as Logan never engaged this quickly at all, he was stuck on his side and hardly budged.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"