Is this true???

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
On a recent flight to Marbella I was told that the 'Brace Postion' that I previously thought was there to help save your life was actually to snap your neck on impact as most people do not survive an aeroplane crash?

Has anyone heard this rumour???I'm thinking I need a new position if theres air turbulence ?!?!:wacko:

I was actually told that it was to stop things hitting you in the face on impact so as to save your teeth in case they need to use dental records to identify your body. Don't know if either are true x

i heard that on a film i watched actually although god knows what truth it has in it.... and on it they showed how to sit correctly but i cant remember what film it was and what the right position is - i wont get on a plane so i dont need to know LOL xxxx

Just looked it up and they are both myths it is to save your life. In fact I read a story that on a flight where the plane was about to collide with trees all passengers were asleep but one awoke and adopted the position and he was the only survivor x

I've been told it is to snap your neck and the oxygen masks actualy have a drug in to knock you out of it.

Too morbid for me to think about or even look up, hate flying as it is.

x

I've been told it is to snap your neck and the oxygen masks actualy have a drug in to knock you out of it.

Too morbid for me to think about or even look up, hate flying as it is.

x

Well I've never flown so thought I'd look it up before I ever made the decision to haha. x

I heard it was Incase of an accident if they needed to identify you by dental records all your teeth will be intact and in one place

What a horrid thought :(

Oh geez. Never heard of any of these!

Lol at those theories, let's face it if there's a plane crash were dead anyway. I'd like to think there's a drug in the oxygen masks that would knock us out but I'm not holding out much hope!!

Discovery just purposely crashed a plane (I think 747, but could be wrong) to see what really worked and what made things worse. The cameras and crash dummies showed that those in the brace position had less serious injuries and were more likely to live. I want to see the whole thing, but I've dumped cable.

No its not true. the brace position is adopted because it gives you the best protection on impact and therefore the highest chance of survival. not all plane crashes are fatal

I've never even heard of the brace position.

What a horrible thought if it was true though, the stories people come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->