Is this worth worrying about?

sandilion

Reaction score
I am throwing a BIG house party for DH's birthday this coming weekend and we have a lot of friends coming from all over the place, interstate, from the city etc.

The friends that are coming from the city are friends DH has known since primary school! Anyways a more newer friend who lives 5 mins away has asked DH tonight if he can 'bagg's the couch' which means in no Aussie terms that he wants us to save him our couch so he can sleep over.

DH said he can, and told me tonight in front of this friend that he will be having the couch. I didn't think about it at the time, but later on it has dawned on me that this friend can very easily catch a cab or even get a lift with someone to go home, and that way the couch would be free for someone who actually really needs it since they're traveling some distance to come.

I feel really annoyed with DH for saying yes to this guy who he has only known for a short time. I dont feel this guy should be given priority over friends he has known since school who are coming from a fair way away. I have no idea where they will sleep now as the spare rooms are taken by interstate travelers.

If DH wont tell this friend that we need to keep the couches for people who are catching a train down, would it be wrong of me to go on the sly and tell them to take the couch when the time comes? If this friend who lives near by cracks it ill tell him he is welcome to cuddle up on the floor :haha: is that mean? Should i just not worry about it?

After all no one else has said they will want to crash after the party at ours, but from past parties it's kinda gone without saying that one friend in particular who travels form the city generally then sleeps on our couch so he is right to head back home the next day. Now he wont have anywhere to sleep.

I really don't want to worry about it unless i should as i have a LO to take care of all night during the party as being with friends and getting the food together ... im going to be under a lot of pressure as it is but as always when people get tired and too druk they will come crawling to me asking me to organise them somewhere to sleep!!!

I have decided i wont do anything on the sly as that will make the friends look like dogs for doing it when the other dude is expecting the couch to be 'saved' for him. I dunno, im probably just tired but the situation is shitting me! Im also annoyed DH has said yes when i know he wouldn't be comfortable with it either. I think he was taken off guard.

Have you spoke to your OH and asked him maybe, to tell his friend he can but its not the best idea and would be more convenient if he went home?

I would speak to OH about it but I wouldn't worry if no one else has asked to stay

Xxx

I'd talk to your OH about it but other than that, let what's gonna happen happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->