Is your OH supportive?

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
After reading a nice thread in the Baby & Toddler forum - "Is your OH a Good Daddy?" I thought I would ask how everyones OH has been supporting them during their pregnancy so far? Tim is really great and does alot for me, especially when I have gotten into bed in the evening and then need a glass of water or something, he will get it for me (he knows it will end up taking me 5 minutes to prop myself up and out of bed so figures it will save time!) He is really into the antenatal classes (big surprise to me) and really seems to get into them, he says he has learnt so much. He loves baby shopping and will drive to the store to get my chocolate or iceblocks when I am craving them! I can't wait to see how he is with LO, cuz I know he will be great!

Yeah I have a very supportive OH too! I suffered really bad MS up till 26 weeks and he was always holding my hair back and getting me water. He listens to me complaining and moaning and does anything he can to help, running me bubble baths, doing the cooking and anything else he can think of!! I really don't think I could have done this without him. x

Yes My DH is great! We already have a toddler and let me tell you being pregnant while raising a toddler is no fun!!!!! But when DH gets home, he pretty much drops everything and takes over while I have a rest or get dinner or something! He is very good!
Its soo important to have a supportive OH when you are preggy or once you have given birth! I dont know how single mothers cope! I take my hat off to them!!!! :hugs::hugs:

i whinge about mine quite a lot but he is alright really, i do have to tell him everything that needs doing though, its not like he does stuff to make things easier for me, he just does as hes told haha, but thats good enough for me!

My oh has been fantastic all the way through !! He has listened to me moan and cry and throw up and stress and hes always there with a supportive word or cuddle !!

mine is wonderful - he made me tea + toast throughout the early part of pregnancy, makes most dinners, does all the housework, works from home some days, rubs my feet, shops, the list is endless!

He's getting better. He was rubbish before I got a bump but he can see I'm struggling now and he does the little things like put on my socks and pulls off my boots for me. He's also started buying little toys for her and calling her by her name <3

Mine's pretty awful to be honest. He spends my money as well as his own, until recently refused to stop smoking in my room, he reduces me to tears most days, he cheated when I was 4 months without protection and carried on sleeping with me because he was scared I'd break up with him if he didn't, he gets angry if I don't walk and meet him from work sometimes (I'm almost 37 weeks!) and he makes me buy his cigarettes as he's not 18 yet which really makes me feel uncomfortable because the staff and other people in the queue must assume they're for me :(, when we're at mine he always makes me go downstairs to bring him drinks and stuff which is really tiring and painful for me to keep doing...
I know if there isn't a dramatic change in his attitude when the baby comes that I'll tell him to leave. I should've done it a long time ago for myself but stupidly I love him...

Oh Kiwimama... I am so sorry! I just saw this post after I started another post on the same subject! I should have read the forum first!!! :dohh:
that'll teach me! :blush:
so sorry, it wasn't intentional!
LP
xox

Oh Kiwimama... I am so sorry! I just saw this post after I started another post on the same subject! I should have read the forum first!!! :dohh:
that'll teach me! :blush:
so sorry, it wasn't intentional!
LP
xox

indianorchi, he treats you that way because you let him. He isn't going to change because you haven't. Tell him he either starts to look after himself and treat you better or kick him out; you may love him but he doesn't love you! He expects you to be his mother, not a partner - and you already have 1 baby to look after. And if you haven't, get tested again for STD's - you could pass one on to your baby if you have on and don't know it.

I did get tested as soon as I found out and again when I discovered the girl in question had recently been tested positive for chlamydia! Everything came back clear which was a huge relief.
I know all of this. I've tried kicking him out but he convinces me that he will change. I have faith that he will and if he doesn't I'll be gone in a flash when I have the baby to worry about.

he's already proven he won't then! the more second chances you give him the less respect he will have for you, and he won't have any reason to change his behavior. Tell him again to shape up or ship out and mean it - you are worth more than how he treats you!

My boyfriend has been lovely :) He's the one really insisting that we go to prenatal classes to be honest.. and he got a book about becoming a daddy and even dreamt about the baby a couple times. We don't live together but he spends every evening he can with me.. I appreciate it sooo much, he couldn't be a more perfect partner in this :)

my oh is OK. He has his good days.

He does come down to mine quite often in the evening after college, which i appreciate because i always used to be down his, but now just really cant be arsed to be honest!! I can tell he doesn't like it but he doesn't really moan.

He has his good days, he will have days where he will cook something for me, or get me a drink, but most of the time i have to ask, and he moans. He calls me lazy because i havn't got a job or go to college, which really annoys me.

I dunno if he will be different when im about to pop and have a huge bump, i think he still thinks because i aint huge i can still do things for myself, but i just get so tired doing the simpliest things.

He better change when i get bigger or else theres trouble lol, i've already said when the baby comes if he isn't responsible and if he doesn't grow up then hes gone ( maybe im being a bit harsh, but he is 16 and still acts so immature sometimes!)

my oh is OK. He has his good days.

He does come down to mine quite often in the evening after college, which i appreciate because i always used to be down his, but now just really cant be arsed to be honest!! I can tell he doesn't like it but he doesn't really moan.

He has his good days, he will have days where he will cook something for me, or get me a drink, but most of the time i have to ask, and he moans. He calls me lazy because i havn't got a job or go to college, which really annoys me.

I dunno if he will be different when im about to pop and have a huge bump, i think he still thinks because i aint huge i can still do things for myself, but i just get so tired doing the simpliest things.

He better change when i get bigger or else theres trouble lol, i've already said when the baby comes if he isn't responsible and if he doesn't grow up then hes gone ( maybe im being a bit harsh, but he is 16 and still acts so immature sometimes!)

I thought that when I started to show things would change but that didn't happen! Hope it works out better for you x

Just to add, I don't think pregnancy is an excuse to get our OHs to do everything for us :\ I'm quite shocked when I see girls expecting their OH to do EVERYTHING. Obviously if I had someone heavy to carry, Stefan would carry it, and he helps me get dressed cos my SPD is getting worse but we still 50/50 most household tasks and cooking.

Just to add, I don't think pregnancy is an excuse to get our OHs to do everything for us :\ I'm quite shocked when I see girls expecting their OH to do EVERYTHING. Obviously if I had someone heavy to carry, Stefan would carry it, and he helps me get dressed cos my SPD is getting worse but we still 50/50 most household tasks and cooking.

Yeah of course. I don't think any of the girls here GET their OHS to do everything for them, they are just blessed to have OHS who WILL do everything for them lol. Of course we are still capable of doing things such as cooking and stuff, but especially the women who are towards the end of the pregnancy, it's hard to do most stuff.

Well i don't know... I doubt I'll expect my OH to fetch me drinks even if I go overdue :\ I am quite capable of that.

I'd like it if he got the drinks if he wanted one too just because most of the time we're watching TV in bed and getting up hurts. I don't expect a slave but would like him to do a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->