Is your OH supportive?

Mr P is gorgeous to me.

But you know what? We're a team!

He can work long, long hours at times. When this happens I do all the cooking, all the cleaning and ironing and shopping etc.
I do it because he can't help out. Vise Versa, if I'm ever ill or need a break, he does everything for me.

We do this stuff for each other because we are bestest best friends and we have SO much fun together!

When I am so big that I can't be bothered to do anything, he would do anything for me, and I know that. :) But I'm very independant (some say stubborn) and I'll probably be trying to clean the inside of the car on the way to the hospital!!! :haha:

Well i don't know... I doubt I'll expect my OH to fetch me drinks even if I go overdue :\ I am quite capable of that.

No things like that we are obviously more than capable of, dont think any woman would expect their OH to just get up and get them a drink when they want one. I would like it if my oh asked me if i wanted a drink and made me one, like i do for him, but i wouldnt just expect him to get me one.

Not at first, but he's fantastic now.

For instance this morning (before I even dragged my arse out of bed!) he'd:

washed up the dishes and cleaned the kitchen
unloaded and restacked the dishwasher
swept and mopped kitchen floor
walked the dog
finished painting the nursery
put a load of laundry on
tidied the living room

Then when I woke up he ran me a bath and brought me a cup of tea.

:blush:

All without being asked I should add, and I do feel guilty so I've done some cleaning today too and OH is now playing his xbox :rofl:

I know all of this. I've tried kicking him out but he convinces me that he will change. I have faith that he will and if he doesn't I'll be gone in a flash when I have the baby to worry about.

You say that now, but it will be so much harder to leave him when you have a LO. You've given him a chance to change, and he appparently hasn't so why are you still letting him use you like a doormat? You deserve better hun, and you deserve someone who will respect and cherish you. :hugs:

My OH has always made me tea in the morning, the whole time we have been together. Some days I make it and his coffee........ right now I do what I can, but he automatically does things for me, it's just his nature.

I used to do 95% of the cooking and clean the kitchen, cant right now, i will again when i can. So while I can't his repetoire of recipes get bigger cause I'm teaching him to cook more things.

I've always been the one to give him more little gifts than the other way around, even if it's just a bag of rice crackers or some chocolate - and I've given him more flowers than he's given me! (Last night he got M+S double chocolate muffins - he loves them!)

My DH is away tomorrow night. He's returned from work and walked the dogs in the dark as I'm poorly today. He's been to the shops and got me loads of crisps, cakes, got me some rom coms from the library to watch tomorrow night and is cooking a big tea so I can have it tomorrow night too. If that's not supportive I don't know what is!

That's a great idea PB, might try and convince OH that a stock up in Tescos is a good idea before he leaves tomorrow :rofl:

I know all of this. I've tried kicking him out but he convinces me that he will change. I have faith that he will and if he doesn't I'll be gone in a flash when I have the baby to worry about.

You say that now, but it will be so much harder to leave him when you have a LO. You've given him a chance to change, and he appparently hasn't so why are you still letting him use you like a doormat? You deserve better hun, and you deserve someone who will respect and cherish you. :hugs:

I know all this I really do. Even his parents have said they feel sorry me but I'm just a fool for him. He is starting to get better now, he goes in the garden for cigarettes, he carries things for me (including my handbag which he used to refuse to do!) and tidies my room while I sit there and tell him where things go :happydance:

My Husband is supportive and a very active Dad. He loves being with the kids. :) However, He is not very hands on with newborns. Hubby feels they are quite fragile and I do most care in the first few months. But, if asked he would never refuse a feeding/diaper change.

My oh was fantastic for the first 27weeks...then dissappeared off to fight a war!!! How rude!! But he is as supportuve as he can be....emailing me when he can. I miss him awfully and when he is home on the 20th ill be 38eeks....so he will have 2 weeks of my every demand!!! HAHAHA! and i fully expect him to do as i say. Joking xx

I'm so lucky. My DH has been great, even before this pregnancy. I've have some health problems in the past and he always steps up and is amazing and supportive. I've struggled with this pregancy and on bad days he's always the first one to jump up to get me things so that I don't have to move to much (sometimes it's horribly painful to try and move).

I'm just very aware not to take too much advantage of him. It would be easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->