Isis is sick

Jenny

Mami of 2
Reaction score
Well its been a shit two days thats for sure.
From the beginning: Miah's stepdad came over last Thursday after being in a different province for about a week. He was feeling a bit ill but he didn't tell me until he got to our house for a visit. He didn't touch Isis but guess what? he played with Drake (which makes me feel guilty and terrible. I should have told him to leave :cry:).

So Drake started to get sick around Sunday, and we tried so hard to get him to cover his mouth, not get near Isis and most of the time he would listen but he did close to her a couple of times. By Wednesday I noticed her having a cough after I fed and burped her, it was hoarse too which made me think something was wrong because she had no runny nose, no fever, etc. I let it go for awhile, thinking she was coming down with the cold Drake had. Until about 7:00pm and I phoned a local health line to ask about this cough. I was told to check for certain things when I told her about the cough, noticed that the area on her neck, under her chin was sucking in and I was told that could be that she was having difficulty breathing so I was told to take her in.

We got to the hospital and got her checked out only to be told that she wasn't bad and to watch out for other symptoms like a high fever, not feeding, and sucking in her chest. We took her home, everything was ok until the next morning. Thats when I noticed that she was starting to suck in her stomach and was wheezing. So we right away took her into the hospital again (same one) only to be told AGAIN that NOTHING was wrong and that she didn't even have a cold. They just told us to get a humidifier and to watch out if she started to turn blue. I didn't think this doctor was right, made us feel like idiots for even thinking something was wrong. I'm still so freaking mad about that.

So yesterday morning rolls around, she had the same coughing/wheezing fit that she had had the day before. She seemed to be fine for a bit, took a nap, was breathing a bit harder but she wasn't sucking her chest in that much. When she woke up though, she went through a fit where she wasn't breathing for seconds at a time, was wheezing terribly. Thats when I told Miah that I KNOW something is wrong and that other doctor was wrong, I just knew in my heart something was wrong with her.

So we rushed her to a different hospital. The Triage nurse checked her for all of 5 mins before she rushed us to pediatrics. Where we finally find out that she has Bronchiolitis :cry:.

So far its been ok, she's been given ventalin to help with the breathing, lots of fluids and she's been responding well to it. She has dropped in her feedings though, and when I just left her a couple of hours ago her wheezing had come back so another round of ventalin should be happening in the next hour or so. I've just come home to get a change of clothes, a quick shower and heading back soon. Just wanted to let you girls know whats been going on. :(

I feel like this is my fault :cry:I should have never have let Kevin (Miah's stepdad) stay after he told me he was getting over a cold or we wouldn't be going through this. I just really hope she gets better soon :( Please keep her in your thoughts. If I can't make it back for awhile I'll make Miah come on here and update you all.

aww Jenny don't blame yourself.
I hope she recovers quickly.

Hope your little one recovers quickly! :hugs:

don't blame yourself, he should have offered not to stay! you can't throw visitors out of your house, can you?

hope she gets better soon :hugs:

Dont beat yourself up over it. Its notyour fault.

I hope she recovers quickly

x

Oh Jenny, I'm sorry to hear that Isis is sick. Sean and I will be thinking of you and hoping that she is on the mend soon.

Oh hun :hugs: you really can't blame yourself & some people just don't think about what they think is harmless colds!

If anyone is at fault its the person who is surposingly trained to reconsie this and sent you home feeling stupid ... mad on yoru behalf!

I really hope Isis has a quick recovery & although I'd be sick with worry try to calm down and rest when you can Mum is alot more useful that way ;)

x

aww Jenn :hugs:
It's not your fault at all hun, you can't protect LO from bugs. As Wobbles said it should have been picked up quicker.
I am sure she will be alright. I hope she is better soon so you can all go home and get back to normal :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this - I know how scary it is when your baby is ill. You mustn't blame yourself though - No matter how much it might feel like it, none of this is your fault - You couldn't have known that this was going to happen and if you had of course you would have told Kevin not to visit until he was better - Even so, you can't know 100% that that's the reason Isis is ill - this could have been going to happen anyay. Either way, there's no sence beating yourself up about what could have been and what could have caused this and whether you're to blame - That won't do any good - The important thing now is to be there for Isis, and to keep strong for her.

She will be just fine and you'll have your darling daughter back home with you where she belongs in no time.

Take care of yourself, hun :hugs:

Oh Jenny, I am so sorry. I hope Isis gets to feeling better super quick!!

Thank you all :hugs:

We're at home right now on a pass (That way we have a bed just in case we need to go back tonight). She's still a bit mucousy and has a cough but she's been doing great with her oxygen for the past 24 hours and is eating well. So they let us come home for the night, to see how things go. Tomorrow we have to go back in the morning and see how she's keeping up with her O2. If she's not handling it well we stay and if she's ok, she's completely dishcarged. Keeping my fingers crossed that she continues doing better.

Fingers are still crossed for you. Happy to hear that you have her home tonight and that things are looking up... will check back in to see how tonight goes later.

:hugs: How did it go thismorning, hun?? Hope it went well... Am keeping you and Isis in my thoughts anyway, Best wishes x

Hey girls :hugs:

We just got back and she's been discharged! She did so well during the night, it was such a stress reliever. Was worried that she would get worse again but she's such a strong little girl, I'm so proud of her :cloud9:.

Thank you all for your best wishes and the support. :hugs:

Glad to hear she's doing better and has been discharged :hugs:

Hooray! I was so nervous for you this morning, glad to hear she's well on her way to full recovery! :)

Yeah Discharge. Happy to hear that she is home with you.

thats great hun. I am glad she is home and feeling better :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->