Isla Grace born 1/9/10

funkyfish586

Reaction score
Hi all, my waters broke at 1am on the 1st i was 11 days late :wacko: literally woke up soaked but with no pains. Went in to check her and they admit for waters breaking at my hospital so went up to ante natal ward and my DH was sent home. Contractions were every 6 mins and then they would just stop it was sooooo frustrating they didnt really take my breath away just were niggly. I was the lowest priority in that ward so I had to ask to even get hooked up to check on her contractions were barely showing 20 & they said it was going to be ages and they refused to examine me risk because of infection etc. Soo at 8am they became painful but mw was like your fine have a paracetomol lol so I waited for DH to arrive at 12 and out of no where they were excruciating and I was crying out in the main hospital lol so got on the lift and walked for 5 mins and felt the overwhelming urge to push and I was in agony 3 doctors stopped and asked if I was ok and I was shouting that the baby was coming lol. So they got a chair and wheeled me to the antenatal ward and a mw checked and started shouting 'she's 10cm get a delivery pack' they then started shouting don't push and raced me on the bed to labour ward. got in there at 1.05 and they finally gave me some gas and air and after 3 pushes she was out! At 1.20! Omfg the pain lol but she is just perfect! I really thought I was going to have her in the corridor the urge to push was huge!! im soooo happy! I didnt get to get my tens out the box lol. Labour was recorded at just under an hour and I made a bit of a tit out of my self when pushing I was very loud lol She's sooooo tiny though nothing fits, she was 7lb 8 but my son was 9lbs 5 & they told me to expect a 10lber!! !

ahhh i love her sooooooo much :) x

Attachments

• IMG_7003.jpg
    IMG_7003.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7014.jpg
    IMG_7014.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 61
gorgeous! I hear so many stories where midwives don't believe people are close to giving birth then they do. Think they'd learn :lol: I love her name :)

Wow - check you out - speedy!!! Congratulations - she is beautiful. And Isla is one of my fave names ever x

Isla is a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl! Well done you on such a speedy labour. Isla obviously couldn't wait to meet you.

Its amazing that the midwifes don't listen they did that to me with my 2nd! GRRR!

But she is beautiful, well done :) xx

Congratulations! Beautiful name :flower:

And as for this:

I made a bit of a tit out of my self when pushing I was very loud lol

Don't we all?! :winkwink: I remember hearing myself and thinking "Well gosh, that's loud!" :blush: :haha:

she's beautiful, congratulations x

Congratulations! It worries me when people say the MW doesnt believe them that they are in labour or close to birthing....I say trust your instinct every time!!!

lol i was begging to be examined but she kept saying ' you can talk through them, they cant hurt that much' turns out i was 10cm ! lol I was sooooooo scared they were going to say i was 2cm lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->