Issue with implant

jillypoop

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Hey guys

Hope you can help, can't find any advice anywhere else on the net.

I got the implant 7wks ago and a week or so after getting it, I started bleeding. My period was due so didnt think anything of it but it hasnt stopped!

Went to drs last week as I'm already anaemic and started feeling worse (not to mention poor OH hasnt had any and im starting to feel really sorry for him!!) and he put me on cerazette for 3 months.

Took the first one wednesday night and since then been feeling sick, its like that low level of nausea like when I was pregnant but its not stopped the bleeding at all, its actually a bit heavier.

Does anyone have any experience in this?
Am I entitled to ask to get it taken out or will I get fobbed off?
Its really starting to get me down and making my PND worse, constant mood swings and wanting to cry is awful and i'm taking it out on everyone around me?

Pleeeease say someone else understands? Feel like I'm going crazy!!

Thanks

Jilly x

You can always ask to get it taken out Honey - They won't say no! I would if i were you, it sounds like you've had a bad reaction. I've never had the implant, but i had this with the injection. I bled for 6 weeks straight, I could barely stand up I was so light headed. The doctor did nothing - Except advise me not to get my second shot. x

:hugs:
Ask them to put you on Norethisterone. I didn't have the implant I wasn't allowed it because I've had bad reactions on most hormonal contraceptions and they won't put it in just to take it out, but I had the injection and had the exact same thing. I bled none stop for 6 months, and when I kept going to see the doctor they would give me different tablets to try. Norethisterone was the only one that worked. It only stopped it for the days that I took it though (I had to take it for 10 days) and then it would start again but I was thankful for those 10 days as it was that bad (and expensive to buy products!)
As for them taking it out, they will fob you off and tell you to give it more time to 'settle in'. With my injection I'd just had enough and I was pressured into having my second one as 'it was it settling in and the second will stop the bleeding' and it just made it worse.
If you want it taken out don't let them fob you off put your foot down. Hope things get better soon I know how horrid it is x

I think I'm going to be brave and just demand them to take it out. Its zapping my energy (assuming because im already anaemic and im losing more blood lol) and really affecting the way I look after my little girl :(
I'm hopeless at standing up for myself though so going to ask OH to come with me I think lol. Thanks ladies :)
x

I had exactly the same hun. I got my implant taken out because of the bleeding. the doctor gave me the exact same pill, then another type & they both did nothing. OH went without any for 5 months with me! :dohh: I hated the damn thing, so glad it's out now & my bleeding has stopped. :flower: x

Hi, I had the implant in January and bled until at least the start of may non stop, i havent had a bleed since. If you can stick with it its worth it but if you want it taken out i dnt see why they would fob you off, there are plenty of other options for contraception to try x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->