Issue with my midwife this morning can nayone advise please?

Leicesterlass

Reaction score
Am coming up to 38 weeks pregnant and I have the blood type A Neg so need anti D. I had the routine jb at 28 weeks.
Last week I was admited to hospital with vaginal bleeding was assured everything was fine after an examination and was allowed home. I did not have my bloods checked to see if I would need another Anti D injection due to the blood loss. My community midwife was very angry at them not doing so and has took some this morning. She also tested my wee and thats had to be sent off as there was something in that which is shown as ++ in my notes under the bit shown with the O bit of the urine bit if that makes sence.
Im scared as I dont know what having the Anti D late will mean or what the ++ in my wee means. Is it something to so with the no Anti D being given. Im waiting on an Anti D injection right now being delivered to my home.
Can anyone please offer any advice?

Sorry hun, I have no idea, but hugs..and a bump for you!! Hopefully someone else will know x

Hiya, I have had ++ in my urine samples a couple of times and am guessing it's just leukocytes, as sometimes they have just written '++' in my notes and other times '++ leukocytes'. There's no need to worry about it though - they'll check at the lab to see whether it looks like you may have a urinary tract infection that requires antibiotics. Whenever I've had the lab results back they've always been clear, so not sure what causes the leukocytes really.

++ in your urine usually means a sign of infection dont hold me to it though this is what my mw put when she thught i had an infection but all was ok
dont worry yourself to much or get too worked up not good for baby im sure they will be in touch if they need you to go back and im sure if mw was worried she would have sent you directly to hospital as they can test your bloods and urine within the hour or so there xx

hi hun this is my 3rd baby and im 0 neg blood group. i had bleeding at 12 weeks with this pregnancy and gave me anti d and said it will last 12 weeks. so im sure your jab at 28 weeks will still be in your system and cover you. i would have another one just to be safe but im sure everything will be fine, has baby still be moving around as much. my nan is resus neg as well and 20-30 years ago they never gave you injections for antibodies. im sure everything is fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->