Issy bear problem think its the inserts what am I doing wrong

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
My issy bears leak/wick too. Leo only had it on 2 hours and he was wet up the front and the sides.

I want my issy bears to work :cry:

ETA:

Ok I have taken the skulls issy off and its leaked around the legs big time again.

I have been using just the one issy insert for trimness and it has bunched right up - bit like liners do - to the middle of the nappy.

does anyone else have this and could be the cause of my problem?

Are they new? My Ittis were the same when they were new - now they last double that!

not that new - have been worn 6 or 7 times, maybe they need more time

[-o<

Possibly - I dont have Issys, but it is generally the case with nost nappies that they get better with time.

Another things is to check the fit - they are pockets aren't they - normally not tricky to get the inserts right like AI2s can be, but maybe you need some extra up the front? You could try using longer inserts if you have any (like flips ones or BG ones, and fold them at the front)

thanks - I shall perservere with them and hope they get better. :flower:

but if you want to sell them I am always on the hunt and absolutely desperate for a burro one and would pay full price even for used.

hehe - I don't have the burro one I am afraid

is it cotton or minky??...not matter how much i tried with the cotton the legs ALWAYS wicked, never had the problem with minkys :shrug:

cotton - I hope not - I have 3 on order from oz too.

He's got his skulls on now - has done for nearly 2 hours - so heres hoping

Yes that could be the issue!

I know that on my Ittis if the top insert is bunched then it causes leg gape - and leaks within minutes of a wee! My Oh has started to do nappies wrong since he had a 10 day break (I went away on holiday!)
Never had an Itti leak til this week!

I checked the nappy and the top bit was bulged up, which made the nappy almost too big in the middle

With the Itti I just make sure the top bit is placed correctly at the start and then it doesnt move once its done up
Do you think the nappy is fitting correctly? Is it nice and snug - maybe its a little loose and not holding the insert in place?

i have tried it tight and looser across the front waist snaps - the only other option is to put it on the smallest setting on the rise its on the middle one at the mo. Or i could add the booster, but it will be really bulky

thx :flower:

Try putting the outer 2 sets of rise poppers on the middle setting and the middle one on the smallest - it tends to pinch the middle of the nappy up without making the legs too tight - that might help hold it in place without squeezing him

ooo fab idea i shall try that

thx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back