issy bears help!!

tannembaum

Little Elsie bums mum!
Reaction score
So I'm very new to all this so be gentle:haha:
I recieved my issy bear nappy today but i'm a bit confused as to which way the insert goes in?? does it matter? as each end is a differnt shape?! Also for a night time nappy do you just use both inserts or it it reccomended you always use both regardless of day or night......eeek I thought they would come with a little instruction!!:dohh:

Thank you!!

I love my Issy's it's the bulk of my collection. The one with the teddy bear on is the day insert and the plain one is the night insert. I have a boy so I put the fatter end at the front but I think most people with girls put the other end at the front. I only use the day insert in the day and then over night I use both. Hope that helps and you love your Issy's as much as I love mine :)!

I was going to ask this too :blush: so thanks!
Can I hijack a bit ;) and ask what is the difference between teh day nappy and the night nappy? they all have the same inserts and look the same? :shrug:

I don't have any night nappies as the day ones with both inserts work for us at night so can't tell you sorry

Ooooh another question :)
When you pre wash can you just pre wash the inserts to make them more absorbant or do you have to wash the whole nappy a few times??
And when it comes to cleaning do you wash the whole nappy together or do you seperate the inserts??
Ta :)

I separate the nappy from the inserts and un-popper the 2 inserts so they are free from each other and then stick the lot in the machine on 3 40 washes and then a couple of rinses.

When it comes to cleaning them I take the inserts out of the nappy and then put the whole lot in the machine on a 40 with an extra rinse, hope this helps.

the night nappy has a waterproof outer so it doesnt wick like the cotton on the day nappies does

the inserts are the only part that are absorbant so if you are boosting absorbancy by doing lots of prewashes, its just the inserts that need doing

hth

Thank you!!! Lol I thought I had it all figured out before I bought them, then they came and I was like:wacko:

Oh also I have a question about cushie tushies if anyone uses them :) Am I right in thinking they're like itti SIOs where you can use the outer a few times and just change the inserts??

Not sure with the cushies, but my opinion is you cant re use the outer. the outer bit has some padding in there aswell so im assuming the extra 2 bits are to add more absorbency as they get older.

no, cushie tushies are technically an all-in-one with snap in boosters. The "outer" isnt actually an outer, its the nappy! For a newborn you would fold it in the newborn way and use no booster or just the lay in booster, but with an older baby you snap in the booster and also can use the lay in booster as well (i use both even though i still fold!) Definitely dont reuse the "outer"!

Michelle from Issy Bears says there is no difference in absorbancy between the two inserts, they both have 4 layers or whatever it is. So if you snap both together for night use then there are 8 layers of absorbancy. You can put in inserts in whichever way you like. I put mine in with the bigger end at the front, even though Ella is a girl she seems to pee towards the front.. :shrug:

Michelle from Issy Bears says there is no difference in absorbancy between the two inserts, they both have 4 layers or whatever it is. So if you snap both together for night use then there are 8 layers of absorbancy. You can put in inserts in whichever way you like. I put mine in with the bigger end at the front, even though Ella is a girl she seems to pee towards the front.. :shrug:

Thanks for this! I was feeling like a right berk for using the "wrong" insert all this time :rofl:

no, cushie tushies are technically an all-in-one with snap in boosters. The "outer" isnt actually an outer, its the nappy! For a newborn you would fold it in the newborn way and use no booster or just the lay in booster, but with an older baby you snap in the booster and also can use the lay in booster as well (i use both even though i still fold!) Definitely dont reuse the "outer"!

Ahh thanks for that, I'm sure I would have realised whilst using them :haha: but its nice to know in advance :thumbup:

Right so I couln't resist putting Elsie's nappies on her to see how cute she looked but it doesn't look right to me?? Do you think its just because shes small or have I done it wrong??
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5408930&l=a59990c58b&id=512057351

issys are quite big on a little baby hun, she would need to have smaller nappies at this size unless there is no leg gape and they fit, you could just deal with the bulk

^wss Issys are a bit baggy around the bum, even with a toddler im finding this so would imagine on the smallest setting there would be alot of baggyness!

Theres no leg gape but they look quite low on her leg....like I need to put it up a size??

is it on the smallest rise setting? my LO is 5.5 months (17ish lbs) and is still on the smallest rise with 1 insert, middle rise with both inserts

Yeah its on the smallest, she's only abot 10lbs so I'm guessing the smallest is right for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->