It doesn't feel real!

ace28

TTC #2
Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem? We are a lesbian couple and this was our first TTC cycle in awhile. We found out two days ago we are pregnant (at 3w5d) and now we are 4w even. But it doesn't feel real! She's been nauseous and gassy and having cravings, the lines on the tests look good, she's had to pee a lot... But it still doesn't feel real!

We have a nine year old and our current youngest is two... So it's been a bit since we did the whole newborn thing. I've been missing all the teeny clothes and itty bitty baby stuff and it is blowing my mind that now, I'm allowed to shop in that section again because we have a baby on the way! So strange. Also, I wish time would go by faster so we could know what we're having so we could SHOP. :)

I know exactly how you feel! My son will be 6 in April I'm 6 weeks now, it's all new to me again.

Congratulations! :)

I am there with you! My son is almost 10! My husband and I had a MC last year at this time so we are simply terrified to be excited. I feel like I can't acknowledge it fully yet.

Maybe after some bloodwork and the first good scan it will feel more real.

We don't have our first appointment until almost 12 weeks. Why?!?!? I do not know. There's one really good doctor in town and this is the way she likes to do things. Only one scan too, at 20 weeks. Wah!!!:dohh:

When do you guys have your first scan/appt? When are you planning on telling people?

I see my doctor this weekend. I am sure it will be a few days of blood work to see how the HCG is progressing. Not sure when I get a scan!

It didn't actually kick in for me till the past week or two when I started picking up on little wee movement.

Doesn't seem real here either! I keep wanting to pee on sticks to double check but I NEED to stop!

I probably won't get my first midwife app until the new year as they normally see you around 10 weeks here but that'll be Christmas Day for me! We're hopefully going for a private scan the week before so we can tell close family and friends over Christmas, otherwise it would just be 12 and 20 weeks for low risk pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->