It is endometriosis or PCOS???

Hannah1029

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

So my mind is running wild this morning. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months back. I have very irregular periods and an ultrasound confirmed that I have polycystic ovaries.

But, for years I have been concerned about possibly having endometriosis. I read online that with endo, you can also get cyst on your ovaries. My GYN never tested me to see if I had large amounts of the male hormones that contribute to PCOS. I also have never in my life suffered with acne and I have read that is quite common with PCOS. But I do have slight pain that seems to come from my ovaries quite often. I also have some dark hair around my belly bottom so maybe that's a sign of testosterone? (Gross, I know) I've never really had an issue with feeling manly before though??? lol

I'm really starting to worry that it could actually be endometriosis instead of PCOS :shrug:

Can anyone with endometriosis describe their symptoms to me? I generally don't experience too much pain during period. Although once I had to go to the ER with extremely heavy bleeding during AF. But since then my periods have been fairly light with only mild cramping..

I also have IBS-C, which hasn't actually been so bad as of late.

Any thought?

I have pcos. I too have hair on my stomach, breast, and some on my chin. My hair had thinned, and all of my weight i carried in my stomach. I believe mine is pretty mild since I still ovulate and my period is very regular. Just within the past 8 months my periods became pretty heavy with bad cramping. I too was worried about endo. I went to my doctor and she said that with pcos progesterone can drop which causes it. If you are having lighter periods and hair in places it is probably pcos. From my knowledge of researching and people I know that have endo it is pretty noticeable. Periods are really heavy and cramping is usually awful. If you are really worried about it then ask your dr to rerun some test, but you should be okay. Tell the dr you are trying the have a baby and want to make sure that everything is still okay.

I had endo but not a severe case of it. I was getting debilitating periods where they were heavy (changing a super pad every 1-2 hours - quite often wearing a pad and tampon and still leaking over), old blood mid cycle, very painful ovulation. First day of AF i would be stuck in bed all day and couldn't walk 5 metres without folding over in tears.

I had only minor endo, so don't know how people with severe or even moderate cope with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->