It really does baffle me.....

Vici

Mum to a LTTC princess!!
Reaction score
how some people actually think that disposables are no worse for the envirnment than reuseables!!! :dohh:

Not everyone does their research. :hugs: I'm just now switching to cloth so I'm not the best one to comment but I think alot of people just don't care about the environment enough to change their ways.

I don't mind if people actually make their choice but to say its no cheaper and no better for the environment and give that as an "excuse" is just being silly :D

Just seen it in 3rd tri!

well money wise it doesn't make much difference i've been told.
unless you know you'll have more than one child, but the cost in diapers for 1 child
is about the same as the cost of reuseables for 1 child, because the initial investment
is so big (€800 i've been told).

but that's besides the point actually, kinda... because i wanted to ask something.
what about the recycled diapers? isn't that a step in the right direction if you don't
want to use reuseables?
bc i don't plan to have more than 1 child (unless i have twins hehe) and then moneywise
it would be more or less the same, reuseables or recycled

I have spent well in excess of £100 on disposables so far, probably closer to £200. I can buy second hand reusables for a fraction of that cost.

I have to say for me it was probably more expensive just because I went crazy buying really expensive diapers lol. But I def feel it's better for the enviroment, yes you use a little power and water to wash them but its still better than them sitting in a landfill for years and years

https://www.clothnappytree.com/info.php?article=6

Have a look there re. saving money :)

Oh yeah I'm not too worried about the money side of it lol. Like just for example my stash cost over $1000....easily. Just 20 of my diapers was about $800...and I have 70 diapers lol but those 20 are my most expensive at $35-60 a piece. The amount I would have spent on disposables in the same time frame is about $600, less if I bought the boxes rather than small packs once a week

Just want to add, it can def be done for much cheaper than disposables...I just got addicted and bought way more than I needed lol, but still used each one

I have spent about £200 on my reusable nappies, I think I will have made a huge saving with them. Plus I can use them for susequent children, and if you don't want anymore babies, cloth nappies have a great re-sale value.

IMO if you really want to do it for the money saving then you could kit yourself out with terry squares and a few funky wraps for around £70 !!! i bought 24 Terry flats before i discovered anything else and i manaed to buy them all for just under £50 then if i bought a few tiny eco wraps at under £5 each thats gotta be a teeny weeny saving??? :shrug:

even if you wanted to use pockets or something similar you could get a fairly decent stast for £100 from e bay cheapies and a few poshies either preloved or on sale????

Yeah you can most definitely do it for MUCH cheaper than I did. I know I could have made do with just some prefolds/wraps and a few pockets and been just fine and def would have saved soooo much money. I'll be keeping most of mine for our next baby (we decided last night to TTC next summer yay!!!) but if not I could resell mine for a decent amount back

Yay MO3!!!! That's really cool news!

Yep I could have done it cheaper too, infact I did buy loads of pre-loved nappies and ended up selling them on again, I could have kept them and not bought a whole new stash of new nappies!!

Lol. There are so many dif reasons for doing it though, money is only one of them.

Yep I could have done it cheaper too, infact I did buy loads of pre-loved nappies and ended up selling them on again, I could have kept them and not bought a whole new stash of new nappies!!

Lol. There are so many dif reasons for doing it though, money is only one of them.

i totally agree i would much prefer to have soft fuzzyness on my bum compared to chemically crapp :blush:oops sorry...off my soap box now :dohh:

i totally agree i would much prefer to have soft fuzzyness on my bum compared to chemically crapp :blush:oops sorry...off my soap box now :dohh:

Lol! Yeah I did sposies for the first couple of weeks with Freya, I won't even be doing that when I have another baby, I hate the thought! (well, maybe the black goo can keep off my nice nappies, lol).

I don't understand why more people don't do it, it's easy, affordable, better for baby, etc etc. No reason not to IMO.

Lol! Yeah I did sposies for the first couple of weeks with Freya, I won't even be doing that when I have another baby, I hate the thought! (well, maybe the black goo can keep off my nice nappies, lol).

I don't understand why more people don't do it, it's easy, affordable, better for baby, etc etc. No reason not to IMO.

i totally agree, i think lots of people dont realise how much cloth nappying has evolved from terry's! i can understand why some people wouldnt want to in those circumstances but its the same (with a couple of extra wash loads a week) as using sposies!

I have bought 3 nappies new and all the others have been preloved. My stash in total has prob cost me about £170, and it will last her now until she's potty trained and will then ahve a resale value!!

I cannot bare the thought of a nappy taking 500 years to decompose :nope::growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->