It was amazing

kiki04

A girl can dream....
Reaction score
When my kids started opening gifts this morning, they realised "There is some from Hadlee!!!" they were so shocked yet thought it was strange at the same time... they opened them right away and I never expected the wonderment in them as they saw what Hadlee had left for them. (The teddy bear) The note was simple: Merry Christmas Tyler! I just wanted to send this down for you because I cant be there but I wanted to tell you how much I love you and say Merry Christmas.. love Hadlee <3

I think Tyler finds it to be sooo special as he has had it by his side almost the whole time we have been home, and he is sleeping with it tonight and when I tucked him in and gave him a kiss he held up the teddy bear and made me kiss the teddy bear goodnight. And when he read the part of "When you need to feel me near, hug this teddy bear oh so tight" He stopped and said OH I can just hold this teddy now when I think of Hadlee!!

Riley thinks she got to go on a sleigh ride with Santa to bring it here :cloud9:

Kenadie didnt really understand but still loves her teddy and is sleeping with it as well. It really hit home to them, mostly Tyler :cloud9:

Then they got excited for us to open ours.. MOM! DAD! There is one for you too... and ours is a snow globe (with stars the float around instead of snow) and it is an angel holding a newborn baby inside, and it plays music. I will try to upload a picture after.. but they thought it was such a special gift for me and daddy to remember Hadlee by :cloud9:

I am telling you, I have the most sweetest, kindest considerate children and I am so blessed to have them :cloud9:

I really didnt realise how much that little teddy bear would mean to them... and their reaction made it mean even more to me :cloud9:

Aww that is so precious. I know how excited you were when you found the perfect gift for them and I'm glad they thought it was just as great. I think it was an awesome idea to buy them gifts from Hadlee...it will be a special memory to them for sure. I hope the rest of your day was just as joyful.

I'm so happy it meant as much to them as it did to you. Their reactions were just perfect. I love the thought of Hadlee on the sleigh ride.
You must be one proud mummy :hugs:.
Xxx

aw im so happy they loved the teddy! well done on a great idea aswell! and the snowglobe sounds lovely!
xxxxxxxxxxx

Awwwwwwwwww I wish I had kids :( Half of my Christmas was so sad I cried almost the whole day....Maybe one day though....Glad they had a good time your kids seem so sweet...xo

So glad it worked so well, well done you! It was a lovely idea. xxx

Krissy- I'm so glad the kids loved their presents from Hadlee, so sweet.

I done something similar for DD. I stole your poem & changed it around a wee bit & put it in a frame. DD put a teddy into J's coffin & I got the exact same one for her & that was her present from him. She said he was the luckiest baby in the world as he got to see Santa. :)

She has it with her all the time and it constantly smelling it, hugging it & talking to it. Right now she is in bed with it tucked in under her chin. She will also come and give me the teddy to hug. :cry: She was reading the poem again yesterday & started crying and she was sad going to bed last night because she wished Jakob was here but she really loves the teddy & I can see she has got great comfort from it, even though it has made her a little more sad than usual.

Thank you Krissy for sharing your idea & I hope you don't mind me stealing it. :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->