Itching 33 weeks

fairy_wings

Reaction score
I'm 33+4 and for a few days I've been itchy. Mainly across my bump and boobs but also on my arms and legs; however it's not constant and not even that bad. It doesn't keep me awake at night and doesn't really bother me, but I notice it. I have a midwives appointment in a week so will mention it but how do I know if I should be worried about it? I've read about obstetric cholestasis and I want to make sure I don't ignore any signs, but itching is also normal during pregnancy! And I'm not currently itching on my palms or feet. Any advice on what I should be looking for or monitoring??

I can totally relate!! I have been itching since 25 weeks and its still going strong.
If you are worried you can do what I did and ring the Midwife helpdesk number on the front of your notes and they will suggest the best next step. I was told to book into see my doctor since my midwife appointment was a couple of weeks off.
They ran some blood test in case but did not seem too worried and they came back clear so now all they do it just check my spots at my normal appointments and have said not to worry about it unless I notice a lack of baby movement.
My spots are everywhere started on my arms and bump, now have spread including my palms I keep showing them when I see the midwife and try not to worry about it. (I am now 34 weeks) Its driving me crazy and I want to take a cheese grater to my skin!!

So after that ramble I would book in and get it checked but try not to worry to much just keep a note of your baby's movements. I hope the itching stops soon

It's usually just your skin stretching, I've had it to calomine lotion or cocoa butter helps :)
Its totally normal!

I've found my skin is dryer all over and stretched on belly and boobs which makes me feel itchy. All over moisturising has really helped. I got sone of that spray on moisturiser from Vaseline which makes it really quick to do a couple of times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->