Itching in my legs & arms at 32 weeks?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
Anyone have itching in their arms and legs during the third trimester? During the day it seems to mostly be in my arms but at night it's in my legs. It's so annoying and prevents me from sleeping sometimes. It seems to have started recently. There are no signs of a rash anywhere. Anyone ever experienced this?

Last edited:
I would first ask to have liver functions checked just to rule out obstetric cholestasis. Both my sister and I experienced itching that kept us up all night long during late pregnancy but mine didn’t turn out to be it while my sister had it.

Thanks ladies, I'm going to mention it at my appointment on Wednesday. I wonder if it coulmd have anything to do with the meds I'm on (Keppra and Zoloft) or my Makenna shot (progesterone shot).

I’ve been very itchy in both my pregnancies starting around 28 weeks. Been tested during each for cholestasis but have remained negative for each pregnancy. I guess for me it’s a weird symptom but it’s worth mentioning and getting tested for it.

Thanks ladies, I'm going to mention it at my appointment on Wednesday. I wonder if it coulmd have anything to do with the meds I'm on (Keppra and Zoloft) or my Makenna shot (progesterone shot).

That’s very interesting as I was on Zoloft several years ago and while I wasn’t pregnant, I did have itchy legs as a side effect. I used to scratch so much absentmindedly at times I actually drew blood and still have the scars lol. Still you must insist on getting your liver functions checked.

For sure get checked out. I ended up having Colstasis (itched everywhere except feet and palms where its supposed to be) and had to be induced. GL and maybe take some benedryl. Its safe for pregnancy but I would call and ask about dosages.

It's really strange because it did start around 28 weeks. For the past couple of days it's stopped. I tried going to bed without any pants on and it seems to have helped. Could it just have been my pants? I was wearing stretchy leggings. I also thought I might not have it because I wasn't itching in my palms or the bottom of my feet, just on my legs and arms. I guess it can still happen despite that.

Cewsbaby, when did you have to be induced? Also did you have it in any of your previous pregnancies?

I had PUPPPS with the #1 DS and I was induced at 37 weeks with my #2 DS.

Following. Itchy legs have either kept me from sleeping or woke me up in the middle of the night. I assume it’s from being so swollen that the skin is stretched tight.

I still feel really itchy but it seems to be coming and going now instead of all the time. I have no idea what PUPPPS is but I'm going to research it.

EDIT: I don't think I have that, but I'm going to have my boyfriend check just in case. I'm sorry for anyone that has to deal with that, it looks like torture. My stretch marks are already itchy Enough by themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->