Itchy and sore down there?

christina1612

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I really need some advice but I'm not comfortable to see a doctor about this.

Since having my LB 4 months ago I'm very itchy downstairs to the point where it's sore from scratching. I've also found that I get a burning sensation when me and OH DTD, could this be thrush?

If so, how can I treat it without spending £15 for canesten?

Thanks in advance

Definitely sounds like thrush/yeast infection. :( I would just get the meds! It sounds so uncomfortable :( I've had friends who had it and they just kept it dry and clean down there, changing panties more often, etc seemed to help. I've actually never had it so idk what else you could do. :( Best of luck!

Have you tried Vagisil, its much cheaper than canesten? You can get it from any chemist and most supermarkets. It's for feminine itching. Hope it gets better soon for ya, I hate it when I itch down there because then I make myself sore from scratching.

I know you say you don't want to, but a dr may well be the best way forward. They can confirm that it is thrush, but more importantly, they can prescribe a cream with a mild steroid in it (usually hydrocortizone) which will help with the itch pretty much instantly. It contains the same stuff as the canisten which clears up the infection. As a bonus, if you get it prescribed, it'll be free, as you still have your maternity exemption card I'm guessing.
HTH, though I know it's not really what you wanted to hear.

Thanks ladies, I tried vagisil which didn't really help. I went to the docs today and she confirmed it was thrush and have me a cream for it. Thanks for all your advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->