Itchy belly, mucous plug, baby engaged

Lanet, those babies are precious and your 12 year old is gorgeous! I wish I had done newborn photos but was too much chaos with my health and their health to do so.

Congrats Red! Your lil girlie is beautiful. Hope they come home soon.

Thanks. My cousin does photos so she came to our house to do them or I wouldn't have had them done either

Ladies you give me so much hope with your breast feeding and expressing! I wasn't able to with Oscar as I didn't produce any milk at all so I hope and pray I can nurse the twins!

Ladies you give me so much hope with your breast feeding and expressing! I wasn't able to with Oscar as I didn't produce any milk at all so I hope and pray I can nurse the twins!

I hope you can produce milk this time it is amazing to be able to feed your babies yourself :cloud9: I am topping up with formula as they had to in hospital because of the jaundice and weight loss, and we continue to do it now because actually it works well for us a family and means daddy can get involved and help out x

It is amazing and also a lot of work! I supplement with pumped breast milk and that makes it so nice as Shells says so daddy can also help feed. Mine also had jaundice and weight loss so they encouraged me to offer a bottle after nursing to make sure they are full. These little guys can nurse great for 30 minutes and then still want a bottle! Pumping really is a demanding task though, I hope I can keep it up but it's exhausting. I have gotten the hang of tandem nursing and its so convenient and so amazing to look down and see these 2 little content heads nursing away

Aww how wonderful! My friend has a pretty much brand new electric breast pump she's giving me so I'm hoping that helps! I also was told there's something you can take to improve and encourage milk production so I'll be speaking to my midwife or consultant about it later on :)

This is my main concern at the moment w my triplets. I'm trying to figure this out. I first thought I'd pump and bottle feed (bottle or breast), each one breast feeding once a day. But now I think I'll have no rest if I'm feeding AND pumping. However, if I bf two and bottle feed the third, I'm worried one won't get enough bc my right breast takes more time to refill, so every third pump it produces nothing.

A total conundrum. Anyone have uneven milk production and feed twins ok? I want some down time between feeding but can't see how that's possible w three.

Red I wish I had advice for you. Sometimes im tempted to exclusively pump. They are such messy breastfeeders. They let it drip out of their mouths. And like I said no matter how long they nurse they still need a bottle after. I'm hoping it gets easier as we near their due date

This is my main concern at the moment w my triplets. I'm trying to figure this out. I first thought I'd pump and bottle feed (bottle or breast), each one breast feeding once a day. But now I think I'll have no rest if I'm feeding AND pumping. However, if I bf two and bottle feed the third, I'm worried one won't get enough bc my right breast takes more time to refill, so every third pump it produces nothing.

A total conundrum. Anyone have uneven milk production and feed twins ok? I want some down time between feeding but can't see how that's possible w three.

Have you tried mother's milk tea. It worked well for me and I was producing enough for my twins. I know things work differently for everyone but it's worth a shot.

Im producing enough total, so that's not the problem. They just sometimes don't let down so easily, but I read that babies can get milk when pumps can't so I'm hoping that makes the difference.

Lanet, I'm sure when they are older they will be better. It's such a complex coordination. My Dr was stunned that mine at 34 could get even one suck and swallow in. Only one can actually get milk out yet though.

Im producing enough total, so that's not the problem. They just sometimes don't let down so easily, but I read that babies can get milk when pumps can't so I'm hoping that makes the difference.

Lanet, I'm sure when they are older they will be better. It's such a complex coordination. My Dr was stunned that mine at 34 could get even one suck and swallow in. Only one can actually get milk out yet though.

Gotcha, what are you doing for let down? At first I just used hot rags but soon found booby tubes. It worked well for me.

Red I wish I had advice for you. Sometimes im tempted to exclusively pump. They are such messy breastfeeders. They let it drip out of their mouths. And like I said no matter how long they nurse they still need a bottle after. I'm hoping it gets easier as we near their due date

I exclusively pumped (and supplemented). It was absolutely the best decision for me. Though we were washing a lot of bottles and pump parts (which you can TOTALLY keep in the fridge for 24 hours and keep reusing throughout the day), it meant that my husband, Mr. Night Owl, could do the 11 pm and 2 am feeds so that I could SLEEP. Which, after what we had been through, was so incredibly important to us.

Good luck, ladies!

Gotcha, what are you doing for let down? At first I just used hot rags but soon found booby tubes. It worked well for me.

Booby tubes! What are those?

My heads spinning just reading the complexities!!

I find it funny that when I had my lb I thought I'd be able to pick him up, latch him on and let him it do it all! Pfffft like that's how it works for most breast feeders! So jealous of people who can do this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->