Itchy Feet, late period, but negative test with Pull Out Method

kcheaven5

Reaction score
My period is now 8 days late and I am almost thirty years old. I know hormones are changing at this age so I was wondering if anyone else experienced this. The bottom of my foot has been itchy for DAYS! Also, no signs of AF, no sore breasts, no cramping or fatigue but also no signs of pregnancy other than maybe this weird itchy foot thing. Is that a symptom of pregnancy? I never had that with my ds. I took two hpt and both were negative. We've been using the pull out method effectively for years now.

Questions:
1. How likely is a false negative
2. Is it common to have a longer cycle when you get into your thirties?
3. Is itchy feet a sign of pregnancy?

Questions:
1. How likely is a false negative - Happens all the time, but not common if 8 days late.

2. Is it common to have a longer cycle when you get into your thirties? - Common at just turning 30, no. Very rarely, yes.

3. Is itchy feet a sign of pregnancy? - No

(Pull out is not a "method" of birth control at all. You'd probably have better luck crossing your fingers and saying a prayer :winkwink: )

Thanks for the response. Yeah, you are probably right that at 8 days late I should be getting a positive if I were really pregnant. I just can't stand not knowing why my AF is late if I'm not pregnant! Also, the pull out method is actually very effective when used properly and over the last 10 years of using it we have never gotten pregnant accidentally. When we wanted to conceive our son he didn't pull out and I got pregnant right away and then we went right back to pull out and have never had any unwanted pregnancies. If you research it you'll see that it's truly a quite effective method for most people. The chance of pregnancy with a condom is 17% and with pull out it's 18%.

The chance of pregnancy with a condom is 17% and with pull out it's 18%.

I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers from but that's not even close to what I've read statistically speaking lol. But if it's working for you then keep on keepin' on :thumbup:

A late period can have a number of causes. I'd say you don't have anything to worry about as long as your tests keep coming back negative!

I would say that you're not pregnant. There are a lot of things that can cause longer cycles, but just hitting your early 30s shouldn't do it. Itchy feet isn't really a sign of pregnancy that I've heard of. Since you were actively avoiding, I would combine that with the negative test to assume that you're truly not pregnant. Withdrawal (when used correctly) is very comparable to condom use (also when used correctly). The issue comes in when people "think" they're doing it right, but aren't. We successfully used it to avoid pregnancy for 7 years. It did take us 12 months to conceive once we decided to have another, but my hormones had recently been thrown out of balance. I quit doing what I'd been doing to adjust them because I didn't want it to interfere with conception, which turned out to be the opposite of what I needed. (Had been taking Saw Palmetto-- suddenly quit taking Saw palmetto, and my cycles went crazy right when I had needed them to be normal so I could get pregnant.) As soon as I started taking my old supplements again, things regulated out and I conceived this baby. I am positive that wouldn't have happened if we were still using withdrawal. Semen works best when it is deposited in the vagina. ;)

My periods before my BFP were up to two weeks straight. They were never more than a day late then twice they were very late. Doctor said it was stress (we had to move out and had nowhere to go) so is that a possibility for you?

Negatives are, however, common when testing too early and there isn't enough HCG to detect. At 8 days late I would say you aren't pregnant.

I have heard of crampy aching feet in early pregnancy but not itching feet.

The pull out method is highly ineffective with myself and countless other friends and relatives ending up with babies on that method. It's called the pull and pray method in this part of the country. :)

Fruitsmash- Usually, I could chalk it up to stress but I've actually (for once in my life) been feeling pretty low stress so it's not that. No big life changes here and work is winding down for the season. Now, AF may be delayed extra due to stress because I'm stressing about it being late! Hah hah!

Isme- I'm sure you are right. The pull out method has been working for us for almost 10 years and when we wanted to conceive all it took was not pulling out for one cycle and then my son was made. My husband has very good control and we never re-enter after he ejaculates. I have not been tracking my ov because we were not ttc so I have no idea. I just know that the last time I was more than just a couple of days late was when I was pregnant so I was just sure that the tests must be wrong.

lakotachris- Yeah, itchy feet doesn't seem to be a sign. Just some weird thing happening at the same time I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->