Itchy flaky nipples...

mumoffive

Reaction score
They are doing my head in today. I have dandruff on them lol!! anyone else? If you do, what helps? I have put cream in the past and its just made them more itchy. Just wondered. Thanks.

Yes, oh I thought you were asking if I had them lol! I have used a cream for excema that worked wonderfully- cant remember the name. I think some people use baby oil and that works. I have kinda just been bearing with it because I am too lazy to go the drugstore!

I kind of was asking as i have them and was wondering what to use for them! I might try baby oil. Thing is, when i used something last time, the itching was worse!!

put bio oil on mine and mositurser when i get out of the bath or shower but mine still go dry and flakey and then sore :( so i dunno what the answer is! i don't remember having this with my 1st son lol! x

I just changed to a soft satin bra and that seems to be helping!

I had this for a while and kept using regular lotion (which did nothing). Then I got some proper nipple cream from the baby store. The brand is lanisoh https://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-Breast-Cream-2-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B000067DYG

It's kind of pricey but a little goes a long way and it really helped. No more dryness after a few days of use and now I only use it occasionally.

I have been using Bio-Oil and cocoa butter for the exact same problem. It's killing me! I moisturize them twice a day and that seems to help a bit.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will look into getting one of the creams. x

Lansinoh really helped me too - was the only thing that stopped me wanting to scratch my nipples off at my desk at work!! I also found that a proper maternity bra was much better and reducing the peeling than my regular bras, but have no idea why ...

Just plain cocoa butter lotion has been helping me. Without lotion it's unbearable tho! I feel for ya.

Mine have been much better having just changed into satin support bra's.

I have this experience, and its soooo irritating, I am almost clawing mine off. Maybe switch to a different bra or use lotion. From reading this post I'm gonna go out and buy some baby oil, the itchy nipples is soooo bad :(

Lansinoh saved me from scraping mine off! That stuff is awesome! I've also been told that olive oil works really well, and it has natural antifungal and antibacterial properties so it helps fight any kind of infection you might get if you end up scratching them raw lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->