itchy itchy itchy!!!

luckynumber3

mum of 1 plus baking :)
Reaction score
Gahh its driving me barmy! My feet have been scratched so much i've drawn blood and its all red, angry and itchy! Same with my hands now the legs have started! pfft not too long to go at least! Is anyone else suffering from extreme itchiness? x

It sounds like you need to go to the doctor. It could be something minor like PUPPS, which is common in late pregnancy and is just very irritating. But it could be something more serious. I would definately call your doctor in the morning so you can get looked at.

I have been really itchy. They need to do some blood tests to be sure its nothing to do with your liver. In my case it isnt and I am major itchy for no reason!

I had it earlier in the week had a blood test on Thursday but haven't heard from them yet, results due Monday! They mentioned it could be something to do with producing bile/ liver or something? But when I mentioned I had my gall bladder removed they said there was no need for me to have the test as I don't produce it apparently! X

i had this and they should be inducing me at 38 weeks its called obstetic cholestisus should be something on here about it somewhere look at top of page. im on tablets for it and itching completly gone xx

I was SUPER SUPER itchy from like 2nd tri on and I found the ONLY thing that worked was a hot bath with Palmers OIL therapy in the water, then covering myself with it after.

Hope your results come up ok. Some midwives panic about itching : / are your hands and feet hot and puffy too? I had something similar and found moisturiser like aloe Vera and E45 helped xx

Girls, if you are super itchy especially on your palms and soles of your feet, go and see the midwives and doctors straight away, obstetric cholestasis can be potentially harmful to your baby, it is known to increase the risk of having a stillborn, you need a blood test to confirm if you have it, if you do, you should be closely monitored maybe every 2 days and induced from 37 wks onwards. If you have this condition, your liver struggles with digesting especially fats, the liver bile thus gets into your bloodstream meaning it gets to your baby too, the bile in your blood causes the itch and there is little you can do to relieve it, it usually goes away once the baby is born......

That's what they mentioned it could be, but the nurse ruled it out for me because of the no gall bladder, seemed a bit odd to me! Bath is a nice relief I also find frozen peas on my hands are nice! I will ring them first thing to see about results but it definatrly seems to have got worse on my feet. The areas are red and hot, don't seem particularly swollen though

Well after a night of extreme itching (got to sleep at 6) rang the hospital and blood results from 10th days ago were ok. Feel relieved at that but also concerned as the itching has only become extreme in the last 4 days or so. Told the midwife I had broken skin and up all night but she said itching in pregnancy is normal. Can anything develop in a short amount of time or is it rrally just in my head like they want me to think?

Bump should I ring again and repeat how concerned I am? I haven't slept for days

Was it actually the liver bile blood test they did or just your blood count? I would ring your midwife and book in or get her to come and see you to express your concern. If you are worried you need your mind putting at rest xx

I had bad itching last two weeks, but I think it is getting better, well, I know it is getting better, I had my blood tested, but haven't heard from the hospital or midwife, so assuming that the results are ok...the only remedy that helped me was a calamine lotion + moisturising constantly with non - parfumed lotions, also water made it worse, especially hot, we really just need to endure it I guess xxx

Bought some calomine lotion, going in tomorrow for another test. Seething as someone from hospital told me to buy for reflief and doctor said no way should I take it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->