Itchy lady bits (TMI?)

Glitch

Mummy and expecting!
Reaction score
So since hitting second tri i've been getting really irritable in the nether regions.

I've tried changing soaps, changing laundry detergent, even sitting around the house in a nighty or dress with no underwear to let things breathe.

Sometimes it's fine and then randomly it's just really bothering me. I'm not sure if i can describe it as itchy.

It's all external. Not noticed any changes in discharge.

I got two PH tests (apparently pregnancy can throw PH off) but both came back fine (though I think they only measured if PH was too high, so it may be possible that it's too low?)

I've had very dry scaley skin around my armpits and under my boobs since shortly after finding out I was pregnant - I don't know if that's related? If i'm dehydrated, maybe.

has anyone else had this? Getting a doctors appointment is a nightmare especially if they're just going to tell me it's normal :blush: Midwife's not very easy to get hold of either!

I didn't have anything like this during my first pregnancy, but then this one's been different in pretty much every way so far anyway :haha:

I had this in my last pregnancy and it’d ease then come back, turned out to be external thrush so I needed canestan cream and that stopped it for good.
Hope this helps.

can't say much for the itch, sometimes I do get it but usually it goes away quickly. But I do get the scaly dark skin around my breasts, it's annoying and unsightly.

I had this in my last pregnancy and it’d ease then come back, turned out to be external thrush so I needed canestan cream and that stopped it for good.
Hope this helps.

I didn't even know external thrush was a thing! I'll look in to that, thankyou!

can't say much for the itch, sometimes I do get it but usually it goes away quickly. But I do get the scaly dark skin around my breasts, it's annoying and unsightly.

Mine popped up just before comic con, so I was walking around in a lovely white dress for my character with random brown armpits on show :haha::dohh:

I had the itchy scaly skin all over my last pregnancy. Really odd patches too! Belly, boobs and armpits! Haven’t so far had it with this pregnancy.

As for down there, I’ve noticed that everything was irritating me before pregnancy and even more so whilst pregnant. I’ve been wearing panty liners every day, but I’ve found I generally need to change them a few times a day with increased but normal discharge.
I can only use two types of panty liners or else I swell up, get red, irritated, it’s actually quite painful.

I’ve also noticed the last few times I’ve had sex while pregnant I’ve been getting more and more irritated and even extremely swollen. Have you had irritation after sex too?

I don't really notice it after sex surprisingly - doesn't bother me when I pee either. Just randomly it'll get so itchy and irritable and nothing seems to ease it :nope:

I was bad during my last pregnancy, I had to shower daily with a femfresh wash, I used the Asdas brand equivalent and it's the only thing that kept me itch free!

I've been having this too and was going to bring it up at my appt. next week. It will go away for a few days then comes back for a few days. It's really uncomfortable at times. I haven't found a way to keep it from coming back so i'll keep you updated if the doctor has an idea of what could be causing it and any sort of solution. I assume cm and fluctuation of hormones though.

I've had this the last couple of days, i think with the weather being so warm aswell atm its added to it, im pretty sure its external Thrush :( been using Canestan & seems to of eased it up loads.. i only get it when pg #eyeroll lol

I mentioned it to the midwife and she said it could be thrush - apparently if you're prone to it then pregnancy can make it hit.

I hope it won't be lasting long :nope:

:hugs:

Canesten will clear that up within 1/2 days no probs hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->