Itchy Stitches!!!

SoBlessedMama

Reaction score
Ok, so the title is pretty self explanatory! : ) With my first c-section (4.5 years ago) I had staples. This time, they used dissolvable stitches. I am on day 11 now, and the incision looks good--completely closed, and pink. But I can still see some knotting from the stitches (I have no clue how long these things take to dissolve) and some of the places where I can see the stitching (specifically the end, where it is tied off) is SO itchy!

Has anyone else had this happen? I know sometimes as incisions heal, they can itch, but I don't remember this from last time. Anyone have any advice on how to make it stop?

From my experience with dissolvable stitches, once they disappear the itching either stops or becomes much less. I think it is whatever it is that makes them dissolve reacting with your body. I don't remember my csection stitches itching but I did with my gallbladder stitches. I still get random itching in one spot from that. Also my doctor told me that it isn't uncommon to have the knots get sort of stuck. Either can get healed over or not dissolve. I think it has to do with how much thread material is in one spot. And not all of it comes in contact with body fluids which help it dissolve. It should get better in a week or two. Mine were gone from the csection by my 3 week appointment. It was equally quick for my gallbladder incisions. :thumbup:

https://surgery.about.com/od/aftersurgery/a/What-Are-Absorbable-Sututures-Dissolving-Stitches.htm

Thanks, ladyslipper : ) helps to know it should be gone within a week or so!

mine itched like heck when it was healing properly hun. It could be a mix of your skin being dry where the stitches are and it healing. id put on some moisturiser or something of the sort.. maybe a little savlon and see if that helps? a bath should help too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->