It's been a while but I really think I have IB... Pls advise!

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Okay, so my son is 3 at the end of this month - so it's been a while since I've frequented this site and I didn't get IB with him, just a dip in temp.

Me and hubby haven't been TTC, so this will be a huge surprise to us. We recently got married and went on a honeymoon to Spain. :wedding:

I haven't been keeping track of when I ovulate - because we aren't TTC - I just mark down when my period begins and ends in an iPhone app and it does the rest for me.

So on the 25th June we got married - had sex.
We arrived in Spain on the 28th - had sex.
We had sex again on the 1st July.

Now my app says that my fertile week began on the 1st July and I ovulated on the 6th, we had sex again on the 9th.

On the evening of the 10th July, I went to the toilet to find I was bleeding, it was browny pink and obvious, but not copious - this is odd considering I'm not due AF until the 20th.

I just thought maybe my app messed up my dates and I was just getting AF so I put a pad down to monitor how much I was bleeding, I looked over the last few months of my app and it says that my dates are in fact accurate, giving me cycle lengths of approx 37 days.

The spotting continued all through the 11th but was a lot lighter, I checked my cervix thinking if I found bright red blood up there then my AF was coming for sure, but it was just a ton of mucky brown discharge. This morning the pad I had put on last night was clean and the bleeding has stopped, all that is around my cervix is thick white discharge.

Other strange things have happened, like I had a sharp quick pain in my stomach that almost made me collapse and at the time I blamed it on ovulation.

Can anyone please advise?
My husband made me take a pregnancy test today which of course was BFN, I'm still not due AF for another 8 days and I did tell him it would be too early to take a test lol.

Please tell me your thoughts, do you think this could be IB???

Don't want to read and run... but to be honest I can't remember what implantation bleeding looks like. I think it normally happens around 6 to 10 days after ovulation, maybe you ovulated a bit earlier?

I have had what I think was ovulation bleeding this month, but it was pinkish and not brown like you are describing.

I also have etrosion of the cervix (or something) so I can bleed after sex, so most of the time I don't pay too much attention to the odd bit of blood.

The app won't necessarily tell you the correct ovulation timeframe until you give it info by temps, cm or opks. I know the app was off by a week for me until I put in I do I ovulate later in my cycle.

If you truly ovulated on dates they stated it could be ovulation bleeding. I haven't had that but read about it online. Sharp pain can also be ovulation. Until I started taco never realized all the signs of my ovulation.

Implantation bleeding is usually 6-12 days post ovulation so unless app is wrong and you ovulated earlier than it expected it wouldn't be due to implantation bleeding. Since your not tracking otherwise most likely will just have to wait and see if af shows up.

Thank you, I've got 2 first response tests to try, but they're not the early response ones so just gotta see how they pan out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->