It's not because of the smell, the color, or the amount...it's....

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
because she won't stay still! I DESPISE diaper changes right now. As soon as I get Valerie down on the ground for a change and her diaper off, she wiggles out of my grasp, stands up, and runs away. I am literally running around chasing a baby who still has poop on her butt!!! I have no help from my OH because he just sits there, watching and laughing. Valerie thinks this is funny, so she continues to run around like a mad woman! When I finally get her down, she screams and screams until I get the diaper on. It's awful. This is insane....what do you ladies do to keep your toddler in one place during diaper changes?

I just use pull ups, have you given them a try? Obviously Alasdair isn't walking yet but they work a lot better for him.

Great idea...I don't know why I never thought of that. Thank you!!

I'm going through the same thing :hugs: diaper changes are an absolute nightmare.

No idea yet.. but big hugs!!

Maybe Valerie wouldn't think it was so funny if your OH didn't laugh though! :(

same problem here
i tried pull up ones but still hard work
So i give Lincoln something to hold while i do my job, like wet wipes bag or anything that would keep him still for 5 sec,lol

Aiden does the same thing. We always try to give him his bottle or a toy or something to keep his attention. :hugs: I feel your pain.:rofl:

I am having problems and H can't even walk yet. I have no idea how you are managing to do it right now! :hugs:

maybe try a toy to keep her distracted?

Max is a terror when it comes to diaper changes lol its so bad DH & I rock, paper ,l siccor and see who wins lol

I try to give him stuff to distract him , most of the time its my cell phone

So this is what I have to look forward to! lol x

No idea yet.. but big hugs!!

Maybe Valerie wouldn't think it was so funny if your OH didn't laugh though! :(

I know she gets a kick out of watching OH laugh at her....but she still does the running away part when he's not here. Lol

We've tried the toy bit and that will help out for MAYBE 5 seconds....haha! I'm going to try the pulls ups once we're out of the regular diapers. We'll see how that works....thanks for the advice ladies! :)

Aaron is the same. I give him a toy to hold and he sits

i change connor on my knee so that he cant roll over and crawl off

I have been putting Brenn up on the changing table and it helps. But I totally get how you are feeling. I am just about to explode with being sick and tired of the fight it takes to get a clean diaper on Brenn along with fighting for him to take a nap, to get dressed, ect. ect. ect. UGGGG!

I give her toys, books, the remote generally whatever is handy to distract her :lol:

Kathryn can't walk yet, but she hates lying on her back! the second I put her down she's twisting around flipping over (she's very strong) and I can't even get her pants off. I try pinning her down with my arm, she hates it and just screams though.
What's been working lately is putting a large washcloth or hand towel over her face and saying "where's Kathryn?" It works well by distracting her, she's to busy pulling it off her face and I just keep doing it until I'm done. Now for a toddler I doubt that something so simple would work, so I have no idea how to help :dohh:

I have been putting Brenn up on the changing table and it helps. But I totally get how you are feeling. I am just about to explode with being sick and tired of the fight it takes to get a clean diaper on Brenn along with fighting for him to take a nap, to get dressed, ect. ect. ect. UGGGG!

Lol...yes, getting dressed is another thing all together. She is in the stage where she wants to dress herself! Argh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->