It's time for plan B

I think it really depends on what the problem is why you aren't conceiving. I've read in some cases IUI can be more effective and in some cases IVF can. If the problem is your cervical mucus, or a subfertile male factor that can be helped by sperm washing, then IUI sounds like a great bet! Good luck and FX it goes well. However because IUI is just basically bypassing the cervix and shooting sperm into the unknown, (although usually washed and improved sperm) you have about the same odds of conceiving in any ONE IUI cycle as the natural pregnancy odds for a fertile couple - 25% at most?? IVF already you are starting with the embryos in a dish, but then there is the fact that the injected embryos are much less likely to implant than ones conceived in the tubes. For me, I hope I don't have to do IVF because I think I would have an ethical quandary about what to do with the leftover embryos.

So it may take 4-5 IUI cycles for it to work, but FX for you that the odds work on the first try for you!
You are quite right Velo and i'm far from being convinced that iui will defo do the job. I even have the funding sorted for at least one ivf cycle, €4500 here in ireland:nope:.
I do however think that CM is a defo problem for me...TMI now! i rarely get any change from creamy cm, at best for maybe one day , watery but cloudy Cm...never the mythical EWCM!! i've tried everything...upping my water intake, grapefruit juice, EPO, robitussin, preseed... no real changes that i've noticed:shrug::shrug::shrug:
They don't test CM here they go ahead to iui as that is the treatment for problem with CM anyways.
I'll do the 2 iui unless doc really convinces me of the use of going again as i've read the meds thin your uterine lining the longer you use them and so won't help you when you then try to implant ivf embryoes.
Still can't believe i'm starting my iui cycle in 3 days!!!!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->