Its Twins!!!- for the moment at least.

Celesse

Reaction score
My scan at 5+6 showed 2 sacs!!

One had a yolk sac and the start of a fetal pole and was measuring 6+2, no heartbeat yet, but looking right as it should be. The other was smaller, told "5 weeks" but not an exact date and was still empty.

Going back in a couple of weeks time to see if the little one catches up or if it disappears. The pic is a close up on the bigger sac and the smaller sac did look bigger at different angles. I think the tech just wanted to get a good angle on the yolk sac with this pic.

Not really sure what to make of it right now, and not sure if I'll go back and see twins or just one baby in a couple of weeks. All kinda scary!

Anyone any experience, (good or bad) with early twin scans and a smaller sac?

Attachments

• IMAG4126.jpg
    IMAG4126.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 67
Congrats! I'm sure it must be nerve racking but exciting all at once!! Fx all goods smoothly!

congratulations!!! Id so love twins, but im blessed with this baby.

did you have any idea or total surprise? x

I'm breastfeeding which gives me a 9 times the normal chance of conceiving twins.

I had my temp rise on the 11th Oct, indicating ovulation on the 10th. But then later on the 11th I had ovulation pains. That was my first clue.

My second clue was with my other 3 pregnancies I had one spot on implantation bleeding at 9dpo. This time I had a spot on 8dpo and another spot on 9dpo. I'm a POAS addict and my lines got darker quicker than with previous pregnancies.

Generally this pregnancy has been different to my others. Different symptoms and such. So I'd been joking about it and wasn't completely surprised when I saw two sacs on the screen.

Now its just a waiting game to see of the smaller one develops or not.

Congratulations hun!!! Ill be keeping my fingers crossed they will both be growing perfectly healthy at your next scan!xxx

Most ladies with di di twins measure differently, mine were about 2 days different I think.

Congrats!

Wow what an amazing pic!! Good luck with your next scan & congratulations.

How amazing. <3. Good luck!!

Awwww congrats. I'm in the twin club too haha xx

Congratulations, amazing little miracles!! FX all goes well xx

Thank you ladies.

I think I need to step away from google and searches for things like "no yolk sac" and "vanishing twin". Mostly because all I get back from these searches are a 50:50 mix of good news and bad news stories, all telling me what I already know..... it could go either way at the next scan.

You really do. Twins come with an array of complications (partly just because you have twice as many babies so twice the chance of something happening) and you really could drive yourself mad. I conceived mine a short while after my loss and all was fine. I lost a twin this time, and so even of that were to happen it will not affect your remaining baby, however sad that is, hopefully both with me fine and you will have a complication free pregnancy.

You have the least complicated, di-di, so the chances of something going wrong compared to someone carrying mo-mo is less. When is your next scan?

Next scan is on the 19th when I'll be 7+4. Plenty of time for both of them to grow and show a heart beat if they are ok. I know in my sensible head that they need a good length of time between scans to demonstrate growth, but right now it seems an agonisingly long time to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->