IUD Mistake, what are the chances??

snazz

Reaction score
Hi all,

So yesterday I removed my copper IUD...but before it was removed I had dtd with DH 2 hours before. And we plan to use condoms for the time being while my IUD is out.

Is it possible that the intercourse we had before I removed the IUD can get me pregnant?? Because sperm can live in the female canal for 5 days? I'm four days from ovulating

I'm really stressed about this!

I think the IUD thins the lining... Even if the sperm did reach egg it would probably not be able to implant itself... Good luck

I was told not to dtd 5 days before removing the iud just incase. I'm sure all with be ok but it could be possible.

Probably just a small probability, but if you're really worried you could take one of the morning after pills just in case. :flower:

agree with PP, probably a small chance, good luck :flower:

Yes technically, I fell pregnant 4 days after having it removed (the coil increases mucous to stop sperm in its tracks and then stops implantation if it occurs- the latter is a fail safe rarely needed) so you can get pregnant the same cycle as removal but I would say 4 days from ovulation is very far, unless you end up ovulating early (as I did) I would say chances are very slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->