IUD problems (TMI alert)

alienbabe4321

Mummy to gorgeous Louis
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

After lots of past problems with various contraception I thought I'd try one of the only ones that doesn't use hormones. So, I got the Copper Coil (IUD).

My 6 week check up is on the 20th October but I was told to book in for an appointment asap if I get problems.

Well, I've now had bad period like cramps, I smell quite bad down there and heavy period for 12 days so far. My bleeding has actually gotten heavier today! I've been up for about 7 hours now and I've already had to change my pad 4 times and my trousers twice. :wacko:

Not only that but so far I've had sex twice since having it fitted. First time, I was numb and couldn't feel my partner at all! I had to resist the urge to check if he was in. :blush:

The second time, I wanted to know if I was still numb but I wasn't. Instead it was painful. I ended up in tears. :cry:

So I called the doctors to make an appointment because there's obviously something wrong. They couldn't fit me in before the 29th September! :growlmad:

What do I do till then? What if it's an infection and it goes all horrible by the time I'm seen? Surely the doctors should keep appointments available for cases like this?

Help! Is there anywhere else I can go? Or is it not as bad as I keep thinking it is?

Could you go to a NHS walk in centre hun, You don't need to book an appointment, but can sometimes have a long wait or a family planning centre, as it could be to do with your coil?

Hope you get it sorted my sweets. xxxx

or a GUM clinic? or Family planning clinic? GUM may be your best bet and they usually have walk ins.

I did find when i had my coil fitted that my periods did get heavier and they did "smell" stronger the first few months. They also got longer. It is definately better to get it checked out so that you have that peace of mind, especially if you are finding sex painful.

hi hun ive got the IUD in and the first 2 or 3 months were like you described, but it has settled down now, (had it put in in april) i would go to docs or nhs centre just to get checked but it can be a nightmare with heavy periods to start with, i can remember my first one was hell i was soaking thru super tampons within an hour (TMI sorry) and had pains

((((( hugs ))))))) hope it settles down for u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->