IUD Removal...I did the forbidden...

ArtIsLife

Reaction score
Okay so we will be TTC within the next few months... and I have the paragard IUD. (non hormonal) It was terrible. I heard AFTER I got it, that you shouldn't get the IUD unless you have already had one child. I have not. Every month during my period the cramps have been BEYOND TERRIBLE. its been almost a year and a half and they are only getting worse. Yesterday, my cramps were so bad there is NO WAY it was too different from labor pains. No joke. I was screaming. I should have gotten the hormonal IUD, which makes your period go away. This one makes your period worse. Anyway, I never ever thought I would do something so stupid, but I pulled out my IUD myself. I know I will be judged for this... but if you would go through the pain I did you might have done the same. I don't have insurance (getting it very soon) so I couldn't easily just go to the dr to have it taken out.

And let me tell you, I'm so freaking glad I did it. From the time I started looking for the strings, to the time it was in my hand, the time was TEN SECONDS. now, I AM NOT suggesting for women to do this, there is always the rare possibility that the IUD can become embedded into the uterine wall. I was VERY careful when I pulled, incase this was the case, but even with the most gentle pull, it came out immediately with no pain. I am so relieved. Wish I had done it months ago. Just telling you ladies my experience. I felt like telling somebody. Thank you for reading. PHEW!

I really just needed to get this off my chest... so thanks for dealing with my rambling.

While I'm glad you're no longer in pain... my lady bits just cringed. Free kegels ahoy! :haha:

Hopefully you have some pain-free periods now until you get pregnant! :flower:

I have never crossed my legs quite as fast as just then. Hope you're ok now!

Eeeeewwwwwww! Cross legs!!! I'd thought about getting one, now I definitely am not!!! Hoping your period is a lot less painful now x

Get the mirena IUD, I know girls that have them and like them. No pain and they make your period go away. The have a hormone but its very very slight. I should have gotten that instead of the paragard.

Yep, the mirena has been a dream for me. Glad you are not in pain anymore! Brave woman!!

Yep, the Mirena has been a dream for me. Glad you are not in pain anymore! Brave woman!!

oh my goodness! You know, I was considering getting the same thing a few years back, but decided against it because I heard that it could cause terrible things like heavy periods, painful cramping and stuff.. especially in women who have not given birth. Wow, so i guess it really is true. So sorry you had to experience that! but i'm glad you were successful in removing it!!

Yeah and I had it for a year and a half and it only seemed to get worse. The pain seemed to escalate more and more about every few months.

I can't wait to get mine removed either although I'll wait to get it done from my doctor. I feel so awful for you that your treatment is dictated by insurance! Glad your free from pain now. I don't have any pain or cramp thankfully but I have a period for two weeks which soaks through my clothes (tmi sorry) for 2-3 days. Then during the two weeks I am not on my period I have random spotting. It's sooo irritating. But I feel like I've tried lots and nothing seems to agree with me at all.

yeah its terrible in America to deal with insurance. And how long till you get yours removed? Yeah getting it done by your doctor probably IS best incase there is a problem. Better safe than sorry. I'm surprised I was brave (and dumb) enough to remove mine myself knowing the slight risks. Sounds like you're dealing with an irritating cycle each month. And I've tried lots of different birth control as well. Nothing has worked nicely. Next thing for me to try someday is the Mirena IUD and hopefully my periods will go away.

I've been considering the non-hormonal IUD because I've really felt better not being on birth control the past years, but I do find annoying having to be very careful and fully aware of where in my cycle I am which sometimes is hard to remember in the moment of passion and breaks the mood when I need to check my app! lol

But I think I'm done with the non-hormonal IUD idea after reading this!

I had one experience with Mirena and the same day it was put in I could feel weird poking and when I checked, I was feeling the plastic of it with my fingers! I had to pull the rest out.

I'm glad your's is out and you're no longer in pain!!

I wasn't sure what an IUD was so I looked it up online. It sounds like it could be painful. I've never had really bad periods which I an thankful for. The only pain I have is cramping and if I stand too much I feel a heaviness down there. I've heard that's when your hips are moving or something.

I had paragaurd for 1 year. I chose that option because any pills I took turned me into a moody and depressed wreck. I had tried several. I also did not have any children, but was so anti hormonal method that I took the risk. I never stopped spotting. I went back after a couple of months and they assured me it would stop. After a year I had had enough and asked to have it removed. I don't think I could have removed it myself. It didn't cause extreme pain. I guess if it had and I could not afford a Dr visit I would feel otherwise.

Oh wow that's brave I'm another one who has just crossed their legs haha! I dont understand how American healthcare works but sorry you couldn't have it sorted out. Glad it went smoothly though! I had the IUD and was squeamish just checking the strings lol!

First, WOW that is intense! I used to be on hormonal birth control but it made me sick. I tried the patch, the ring, five different types of pills, everything just made me sick. So then I bought a lady comp and it has really worked for me. I get what you're saying about how it kills the mood and having to check though, because it can. But I just check it in the morning when I temp, and so I can manage the mood directly.

You've scared me off of IUD's forever. haha

Made me cross my legs so quick!!! Always said I could never have an IUD as heard to many horror stories n well... I would be worried i could feel something in there :blush: I am so glad your not in pain anymore. It must have been really bad for you to take such drastic measures :( At least now you can get back to normal... Id also say if you plan on ttc in nect year try and stay clear of any hormonal birth control options as most can take months to come out your system and you might get periods so not know unless you chart and KNOW 100% you have ovulated as the hormal options stop your body releasing eggs :dohh:

Okay so we will be TTC within the next few months... and I have the paragard IUD. (non hormonal) It was terrible. I heard AFTER I got it, that you shouldn't get the IUD unless you have already had one child. I have not. Every month during my period the cramps have been BEYOND TERRIBLE. its been almost a year and a half and they are only getting worse. Yesterday, my cramps were so bad there is NO WAY it was too different from labor pains. No joke. I was screaming. I should have gotten the hormonal IUD, which makes your period go away. This one makes your period worse. Anyway, I never ever thought I would do something so stupid, but I pulled out my IUD myself. I know I will be judged for this... but if you would go through the pain I did you might have done the same. I don't have insurance (getting it very soon) so I couldn't easily just go to the dr to have it taken out.

And let me tell you, I'm so freaking glad I did it. From the time I started looking for the strings, to the time it was in my hand, the time was TEN SECONDS. now, I AM NOT suggesting for women to do this, there is always the rare possibility that the IUD can become embedded into the uterine wall. I was VERY careful when I pulled, incase this was the case, but even with the most gentle pull, it came out immediately with no pain. I am so relieved. Wish I had done it months ago. Just telling you ladies my experience. I felt like telling somebody. Thank you for reading. PHEW!

i had the mirena, 6 weeks after having my daughter. my hormones were so out of whack! i was so bitchy! got it removed 5 weeks later.
got the paraguard and accidentally removed it myself. it got hung up in a tampon ... everything was ok. got it again, and started having 2 week long periods! i was in pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->