IUDs

ilvmylbug

Single Mom of 2 & Proud
Reaction score
Don't know if this belongs here :shrug:

I chose the hormonal IUD for my method of birth control. I have Mirena, and it hasn't given me any big problems, but last night my OH and I were DTD and he complained that he could feel it poking him and it hurt, like a safety pin.

Anyone experience this? I was told by my doctor that my partner could possibly feel strings, but it wouldn't be uncomfortable. Either way, she would trim it. But my OH said it feels hard and definitely not string-like. :wacko:

the strings aren't like the sort of strings you use to tie things with coz that would soak stuff up. When i feel mine they kind of feel like somewhere between fishing rod stuff and and the stuff wire wool feels like but long if you know what i mean. it sounds like you need them shortened a bit.

mine can feel sharp at certain angles and the head of the penis is extra sensitive, other times they cant be felt at all.

This happened to my OH. He also said it felt sharp but i went in for my check up and she said it was the strings :flower:

Yes, my OH could feel them too. They become softer and less uncomfortable as time passes. :flower:

my hubby sometimes feels them but it doesnt hurt him.. the strings are like fishing rod but thicker!

Did they get you to feel what the plastic end feels like when the coil has slipped and is poking out of the cervix? I was told not only to check that my strings were there monthly but to check that the plastic end wasn't there also. Can you have a feel to make sure all he felt were the strings and it hasn't moved out of position?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->