IUGR :( heads a mess

mummy2one

DS (8) OH (34) ME (30)
Reaction score
Had my monthly check up and scan today and the consultant has told me that I will be lucky to get to 36 weeks, as much as I am trying to stay positive I cant help feeling so sad and crying all the time.
The consultant has arranged scans and appointments every 2 weeks from now on due to babys stomach not developing as it should.
The head is growing at an acceptable rate but the consultant said this would be the case as the baby knows body fat is easier to replace :shrug:

Does anyone have any positive stories? I came home and googled IUGR and really wish I hadnt :cry: xx

my first was iugr.
I went to my midwife at 34 weeks and told her my bump had not grown in a month, she did the fundel height and it came up 29cm, so had a scan a week later which showed he was measuring 32 weeks. so got induced at 36+4 weighing 4lbs 6oz. I had steroid injections before hand. He only had a few problems, not being about to control his temp, which all babies can't anyway and not being able to control his sugar levels. He came home with me 2 days later and stayed with me the whole time I was in hospital

Thank you hun :)

Really hoping this is just a blip in the long road Ive been on, the consultant did her best to put me at ease but google threw all that ease out the window. My OH thinks Im going crazy and worrying over nothing but to me it is everything :( xx

I had a iugr baby at 29 weeks. He's completely fine now and you would never know now. It wasa tough road but the further along you get the shorter any neonatal journey.

I had a iugr baby at 29 weeks. He's completely fine now and you would never know now. It wasa tough road but the further along you get the shorter any neonatal journey.

Thank you xx She did explain that anything before 36 weeks would result in neonatal care and possibly after 36 weeks depending on development x

Thank you hun :)

Really hoping this is just a blip in the long road Ive been on, the consultant did her best to put me at ease but google threw all that ease out the window. My OH thinks Im going crazy and worrying over nothing but to me it is everything :( xx

I didn't get much time to think about mine, didn't even know it was iugr till after he was born and I read it in his notes. google is a scary thing.
They'll do everything they can to keep baby in as long as they can. xx

My son was sga but undiagnosed, 3rd percentile. Normal sized head and very tall but skin and bone. He had to go to nicu as his blood sugars were dangerously low and he had to be fed frequently to keep him up but he is now a very healthy 2&1/2 year old: bright, active and on the 95th percentile for height and weight. It is scary but outcomes can still be really good.

my little girl made it to 38 + 5 then i was induced try not 2 worry i guess your having weekly scans they will do whats best x

thank you ladies, I didnt get much sleep last night so got up and looked through my notes :wacko:

I dont see why they are panicking as things have gone up since last scan :shrug: I think Im maybe just looking for positives to help pass the next 2 weeks till my next scan :shrug:

my scan at 28 weeks and 5 days showed the following:-
FL:48.0mm HC:266.0mm AC:227.0mm EFW:993.0g

my scan at 24 weeks and 5 days showed the following:-
FL:39.5mm HC:217.0mm AC:203.9mm EFW:667.0g

so things have gone up although I know shes not at expected rate surely things going up is good??:shrug:

I can see the next 2 weeks been a long 2 weeks :cry:

It'll be a long wait. Let us know how things go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed fr you and your Baby! Doctors play better safe than sorry, so it's excellent that you are being monitored so closely.

I would say that seems like good growth for 4 weeks specially seeing though she is small. i'd be more worried if she wasn't showing much growth.

dont know if this will work i used it for my iugr baby if the link doesnt work copy and past into bar :) x https://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

This 2 week wait seems to be going extremely slowly :shrug: trying to keep myself occupied and busy so that I dont over think things and dwell on the what ifs etc.

So far purchased a baby bag and borrowed a hospital bag for me and will get the both packed over the weekend before my next scan appointment just incase :wacko:
I had so much planned in my next 11 weeks before our princess was due and trying to get as much done as possible now so its less to worry about if she comes early, Im sure my friends think Im crazy :haha:

My parents and OH are been very very supportive now we have spoken about it and everything is out in the open about how I feel and they feel, and whatever is best for baby is what needs to be done. I still feel very scared and google doesnt help that fear although there is a lot of positive stories and I will be 30weeks6days on next scan so Ive read thats good for small babies :)

She is still kicking and moving with some force at night (she seems to be a night owl :haha:) so that is very reassuring and comforting and I occasionally feel her throughout the day if Im not over busy.

Cant wait for a week on Friday it cant come soon enough :thumbup:

the waiting is horrible, hopefully she grows enough to keep her in a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->